Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: clone deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
when you use "clone deck" while the fx is on in the empty player, vdj will crash..

Posted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 12:58 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks djjb for the info, I can confirm the crash!

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 1:44 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the feature is in need of some love, it will also not properly match the gain sometimes when used.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 2:29 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you explain the bug a little bit more as i can't reproduce it

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 1:00 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Put one song in deck A, turn on one FX in the empty deck B and after clone A into B, VDJ crash!

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 10:11 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Ok after talking with cioce, it seems to be a freeze and not a crash (crash=defined by recovery or shut down). A freeze is when processor or ram can't follow the instructions as it's not enough powerfull.

I have tested and another user too with no freeze but we have both dual core with 1024MB so maybe the problem comes with slow computer

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 8:15 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well on top of that one the gain goes off on one deck after 4-5 times of cloning

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 9:41 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have a short freeze too (and it sucks, really)
Pentium Mobile 1,6 GHz
1024 MB Ram

Posted Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 10:36 pm
This is a little Communication Bug in the Shortcut.
When do you clone a Track with a Shortcut (Deck1=Channel2) you must only change the Channels in the XML Script (Deck2=Channel1).
Also you clone with active fx the Track from Deck1(active Deck) on Deck2 and the fx on Deck2 will be not active
Or you clone from Deck2 with active fx to Deck1 the fx must be unactive on Deck1 (unactive Deck) now
VDJ iwill be not crashed now
The fx should be only on active Decks active when you clone it
Alright.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 12:11 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My system crashed when the Auto Cut FX was on deck 1 and I tried to clone deck 2.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 4:40 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think the best should be to have a security popup telling us an effect is active so we can't clone the deck. Just like when we try to load a song on a deck that is already playing a song.

It could get even more bugy if VDJ disactivates on it's own the effects while cloning the deck.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 10:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)