Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Variable Mp3 volumes getten ya down???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AbraxasHome userMember since 2006
I find the auto gain in VDJ to be less than satisfactory. For those of you who dont know theres a great freeware application called Mp3Gain. The software uses a different algoithm then standard normaiizers and adjusts the volumes of different tracks to sound the same volume to the human ear (or so it says on there webpage). Anyhow, I dig it, works great. Add your tracks, set the Db level between 92 and 97 and let it rip.. If your gonna mp3 gain many tracks make sure you do it before you go to sleep or out for the day as it will take quite some time.. Hope this helps out.

BTW, no pun intended towards the VDJ dev team, I just found that this works best for me.

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 3:52 am
Wow !! Another lover of mp3 Gain. Thats exactly what I use too and bingo.....all songs have the same volume.

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 6:12 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
thing is it can make some quit songs like classical songs sound realy loud (well louder than they should anyway) because it tries to make them the same level as all the others. if your gona gain your whole collection make sure you think about the tracks you have that are quiet and want to stay quiet

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 8:14 am
AbraxasHome userMember since 2006
I only Gain my Drum & bass collection because thats what I use with VDJ, my other genres I leave as is, because I dont have any random tracks, they are all full albums, so they pretty much have the same volume anyways.

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 8:09 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's a great program, but FYI:

You will have to have VDJ re-analyse all your tracks!!!

Good thing I found this out with a week to go before my next gig :P

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)