Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Cues Event v1.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Soon available on the download page

You can add a VDJ action to a "virtual cue" (or a real cue)
Max cues: 30 so from effect_button(0) to effect_button(29)

Enjoy it ;-)

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 2:52 pm
Hey djcel: Can you give us more instructions in how your plug in works. I tried to make it work this morning but no good. I can save the cue but when I tried to load it I get an error and VDJ closes. I like the Idea of your plug in and it will be the BOMB! once we get it to work.

Thanks for your work....

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 3:42 pm
I got it to work!. I like it. This is what I have been waiting for a long while. GOOD WORK!. I will like to see this implemented in VDJ it self instead of a plug in. This will be awesome.

The only thing is that if you want to replay you cue events you have to load your file again and again. It will be nice just to have it there all the time. Also, can you explain me how to entered up to 30 cues. I only got 5.

You are the man with this plug in..... Thanks again...

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 4:17 pm
In fact in the plugin you have 5 buttons that you can push on the plugin interface or with the VDJ function effect_button() so effect_button(0), ..., effect_button(4)

But in reality, there are virtual buttons in the plugin that you can't see and you can press them with the function effect_button()

So in conclusions, you can use the function from effect_button(0) to effect_button(29)

PS: You told me that you had a crash before: can you tell me what you did so that i can correct this "bug" if it is one
PPS: i decided to disactivate the cue just after executing it to keep a linear idea in the cues (for example if you want to use goto_cue() )

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 3:54 am
Ok you are talking about using keyboard shortcuts for that. I figured that one.

On the crash: This happens when you LOAD. It seems to happen when you ONLY set ONE cue event, save it and then when you try to load it back I get a window's message telling me VDJ has encountered a problem and needs to close. This does not happen when you load an event with 2 or more cues.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 3:31 pm
You're right i forgot the case of an empty file too :-(

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 4:45 pm
Ok new update available v1.3 ;-)

Tell me if the bug has left (otherwise give me the cue, the function, value, sign)

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 7:34 pm
Is good now, thanks.

By the way, maybe think in the future to have all your cues accesible through your plugin instead of using keyboard shortcuts and also a way to have your loaded cues event available all the time after you play your track. Right now after you activate the plugin and play your cue events the file will disasapear and you have to re-loaded if you want to try it again. Anyway these are few of my thoughts. Your plugin will come in handy for the final editing of my mixes.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 8:52 pm
"you activate the plugin and play your cue events the file will disasapear"
>> I prefer like that but i will add the option for you [for each cue] (it will be a checkbox) ;-)

about shortcut, i begun the program with only the 5 cues so it was easy to extend the number of cues ( i don't know why i decided 30 cues lol ) using this way but you're right, it's not very clever

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 10:55 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djcel,

I haven't had a chance to download or play with this new plugin yet (nor with the mapper 2.0), but I will as soon as the holiday rush is over.

However, I do want to THANK YOU BIG TIME, because those two last plugins that you made for us to enjoy bring an incredible added value to the product! I know that, thanks to you, I'll use VDJ even better in 2006 :)

happy holidays!

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 9:39 am
Cues Event v2.0 is now available on this website

Posted Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 3:57 pm
I will give it a try as soon as I have some time...

Thanks again for your work...

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 1:37 am
Sorry, the use of two plugins should be better now in v2.1

All i can do to isolate the data for each plugin is done :-)

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 2:15 am
looks like good work, will give it a try soon :-)
thanks anyway, keep it goin'

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:03 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi djcel;

I didn't have time to test all your plugin but I had a look and saw that the functions are not listed in alphabetical order; that's not so easy to select the one wanted.
Could it be possible to change in another release

Thanks and congratulations for this new great plugin.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 11:59 pm
I'm a little slow. What does this plug-in do? I don't have a clue of what you guys are talking about.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 8:23 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 9:11 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just tried the plugin and it is really nice. Great work Cel.

BTW new long brake is a nice one too.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 3:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)