Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Low Visibility Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

As a DJ who started in the 70s and whose eyesight isn't quite as good as it was I have trouble seeing the small text in the Virtual DJ RecordCase section. Has anyone thought of doing a simple low visibility skin. I use a DAC 3 but a lot of the time use PCDJ due to larger text when I'd like to use Virtual DJ cos it's better.

Alternativeley can anyone tell me how I can increase the text size in the skins. I'm a bit puzzled by this.

Andy

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 3:36 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi;

Yes it's possible.

Open your skin ZIP file.
Opne the XML file stored inside the ZIP.

Go to the section.
Check the text font parameter then change the size.
Record the XML with the same name and put this new file inside your ZIP file (this action erase the previous one).

Tell us if you cannot do it.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 5:22 pm
Thanks Clax for replying.

Just one question.

Which section should I change the text size in?

andy

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 5:36 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
browser..

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 8:08 am
Right:
...=> Text Font ... Size

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 8:42 am
Thanks for your help, I can see where and what to do to change the font.

The trouble is that when I try to open the .xml file it opens in Internet explorer. When i try to open in Notepad I get a load of strange characters.

I've tried a couple of xml editors and they seem to mess up the file and then vdj won't like it - it crashes.

How can I open it in notepad and change just the font size. I'm sure it should be easy and that I am a bit stupid, but Ive spent too much time getting nowhere.

Hope you can help.

Andrew

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 5:44 pm
The easier way is to open with notepad (right-click => open with => notepad) then search the browser section. Don't look your "strange" characters. Just change the font size and replace the xml into the zip file (backup your zip before).

Posted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 6:06 am
Hi

Thanks for taking the trouble to help me.

Have done it and it works.

I have found that I can increase the font size to up to 17 and make it bold, but that any larger than that vdj crashes.

Don't know why, but anyway, it's a start.

Thanks again.

Andy

Posted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 1:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)