Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My Megamixes with VDJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I will like to get an input from all of you Experts on my mixes.
All these mixes were done with VDJ with the sampler and effects only.

Your rating and coments (good or bad) are welcome. Let me know how the levels on bass and trebble came out. Thats my problem with VDJ now, cant get it just right.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=445002&T=7886

Thanks.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 4:48 am
Damn I am impressed. Sounded really good. Had that Miami Latino feel to it. Would be nice to hear you on the Radio some day.

MS

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 4:59 pm
Thanks man. I might get into the radio mixing. I just need some time.....

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 12:09 pm
Man I only got one reply from Dj Maddsound!!!!!!. The mixes must not be that good then.
Well I just wanted for all of you to hear these mixes that were done with the triggering of samples and hear some VDJ effect like the Shaker Beats, brake, double beat and the beat grid are one of the few.
Thanks anyway....

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:01 am
Sorry, did not have time before now to listen....

But very glad I did ;) GREAT GREAT stuff man !!!

Guess you planned the mega mix well, before you recorded it... as it is damn well "produced" ...

but very impressed on how tight and well the mixes sounds ... great work ;)

Yeah... you should come to radio for sure.. :)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:45 pm
man.. I just listened to them all....

Who need a tracker program when you do this live in Vdj ;) niiice

Guess you made a few nice "beds" of sound (instrumental loops) , and had the acapellas for the megamix?

Its so well "produced".... amazing stuff :)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:49 pm
man.. I just listened to them all....

Who need a tracker program when you do this live in Vdj ;) niiice

Guess you made a few nice "beds" of sound (instrumental loops) , and had the acapellas for the megamix?

Its so well "produced".... amazing stuff :)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:49 pm
D-O-GHome userMember since 2005
Sounds good, and very energetic. You picked some good tracks too to mix.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:07 pm
I tried listening to them but no luck. Looks like you need a Windows PC (I don't have one). Can you post mp3s or something that non windows users can listen to?

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 8:20 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Very nice... Good Stuff!

Make my day!

Posted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 1:40 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm listening to your freestyle mix right now... sounds great.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 5:28 am
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yup, great stuff.
I'd like to see anyone pull that off live with records. :)

Posted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 9:56 am
Believe it or not all these mixes were done live with samples but then I had to add the effects when I do my final recording. One way you can tell is by listening to the triggering of the samples before it plays. Now you all can see why I always request changes and updates to the Sampler in VDJ and to be able to add effects to it. (This is what I use the most of VDJ)

I like to give thanks to the VDJ staff for this software and to all of you programers that makes the effects possible. Ex: Kaleo's sampler manager (big help), Deun-Deun, Dj cel, Lopez, Clax (used your effect in my mixes) and all of you that had contributed in making sound plug-in's.

Also big thanks to all of you for your input of what you thought of the mixes.

P.S: I'm adding and updating my mixes weekly. I will try to upload them in MP3 format if possible.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 6:20 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Dj VNZ,

Very nice! Perfect!

I am very interested in how you can do this.

Can you tell me how you prepare this live megamix? The before preparation ( tracks, acapellas, cuts), the live mix and the after touches (apply effects, normalise volume, etc.) and also what other tools other than vdj (what wave/mp3 editors to split and merge, etc.) you have used to make them.

I used to do megamixes / medleys using 4 trackers back in the 80's and Acid pro for remixes in the 90's. I am now desperately wondering how to do megamixes with VDJ and HDJC (and may be an additional wave editor I guess). I am looking for clever way to lay tracks or doing takes (and re-takes in non-destructive way) to make the perfect mix.

You are my hope.

Thanks for sharing your great megamixes,

I love freestyle, I love breaks and I really your mixes.

Artimix
artimix@yahoo.com

Posted Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 9:27 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Really nice megamixes!

Posted Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 12:29 am
VNZ keep them coming.

MS

Posted Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 12:33 am
Dangit, I'm gonna have to find a Windows PC to listen to these things. With all these comments, I really want to hear them now.

Posted Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 1:02 am
Excellent work.

Awsome.....

Virtual DJ and the creativity of the human mind at its best.

Keep it up!

The Premier DJ
JOSE

Posted Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 5:13 pm
Thanks for all your comments.
RPRADO:
The way I do my megamixes is to first save my samples of the songs you want to use. I have samples that are 8 to 200 beats in lenght. The trick is to make sure that they all are in synch. I used one sample as my "model beat" so I can make sure all the new ones sound perfect on beat. The trick is having the correct the BPMs at the time you save your track and for that you have to adjust your CBG's to align perfect with you beat. Once you have that, your good. At first it takes time to get it perfect but once you have fool around with it for a while it becomes easy. So, after you have 10 or 20 samples in synch, play a sample that have a back ground beat and you are ready to megamix with the other. Also if you use your keyboard shorcuts to trigger your samples you can make some nice transformer and stutter effects like what you listened in my mixes. After I'm done with my megamix I play it back in one of the deck and add the VDJ effects. And this is basically it.
I have a friend who did not believed you can do a megamix live and when he saw what I did with VDJ in front of his face he was impressed with this software. I have over 400 samples now and whats good about this is that you can change it up many times and in different ways to make different megamixes. I saved them in different folder such as BEATS, FREESTYLE, HOUSE, BASS etc. That way it makes it easier to find them. I just hope one day VDJ will update the sampler so you can have more that 12 and to be able to use effects on them. This will be my day.....

P.S: I will have an Oldies Megamix uploaded by the end of the night

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 2:26 am
Also check out "La Gosadera mix". I had fun doing this one. I think I over did it with the effects. I had 2 Instances of VDJ sampler at the same time for this one. Enjoy

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:09 am
51%