Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: add events to cues - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Cel the man! ;) you amaze me...

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 10:11 pm
Is it possible to make that as a plugin? Wouldn't it be easier for the dev team to just encorporate it into VDJ?
Either way, I would absolutely love to be able to do this. I'd certainly offer to help you with the plugin, but there's probably not very much that I could actually do to help...

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 10:35 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have finished a first version "CuesEvent v1.0". It works well but i'm sure i can improve it

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 8:24 pm
Wow. Cel, you're awesome. I'm going to check this out.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 8:38 pm
thanx you Steven and others asking for this feature! :)

I just tried the beta of the plugin... its AMAZING!

thanx you Cel, as always!

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 10:53 pm
I can't find it in the download section. :(

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 10:54 pm
Thanks for sending it to me.

:-\ It doesn't seem to work too well for me, I guess it's just because it's in beta still. When I first tried to turn the effect on, I had the song stopped. It flickered in and out of a four beat loop, which was kind of weird. I got it to work once, just a simple goto_cue command, but it only worked one time. Also, when I tried to go to the very start of the song, it kept doing the goto_cue command even though it wasn't the right time.
Still a little buggy, but it's got GREAT potential.

I still think it would be nice to have it built into VDJ though. Right-click on a cue and have a "set event" command where it pops up a window similar to the Keyboard Shortcut window (so it tells you all the parameters too).

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 11:19 pm
dj-in-norway,
I would also like to try the beta.
I also think that it would be better to implement it native in VDJ. The trouble now is that you have to load the effect in both decks. It would be hard then to take advantage of the cross fader and so on.
Ewout

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:29 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Now available on this website, audio plugins section:

Cues Event v1.2

Enjoy it ;-)

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 11:02 pm
AWESOME!!! I have discovered yet another great application for this: with edit_bpm you can solve the problem of songs that have 2 different BPMs. I don't see a reason in the world why this shouldn't be built in to the next update of VDJ.

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 11:24 pm
Thanks djcel. I will give it a try.
Ewout

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 6:36 pm
i vote for this great functionality, it should be a great new for me to watch it in the next version or the uprade after ...

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 1:50 am
Yay :) more people like the idea. Now if there was just some way to tell if the dev team likes the idea and when 4.0 will be out. Can't wait . . .

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 2:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)