Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 35 Songs for $4.50 US

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wtf have I been doing with i-tunes. I finally went to allofmp3.com. it is a strange setup and you have to go through a bunch a crap to finally download....but omg. I paid 3.00US for like 25 top dance songs on some compilation "CD" no jhymn recoding like i-tunes and they had just about everything i was looking for. they even had a 80's classic i was looking for. i also did a virus scan right after and nothing major from the site. i am a little worried that this isn't legit but i paid and they're on the web looking legit. anyway I had to say it since i was blown away.

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 10:53 pm
Well, I've tried that service too, but realized that it was too good to be true. I would be very surprised to see any of your $4.50US going to the recording industry or any artists. It's deceiving as it looks legal, but I'm pretty sure it's not based on common sense. I think it says somewhere in the disclaimer that it's legal in Russia, but it may be not legal in your own country. That's being said, you would have to do your homework to know if it's legal for you. It may be legal in some countries, but definately doesn't sound ethical. Let me conclude with this example: if somebody approach you with a brand new car stereo that retails around $1,000US for $100, would you suspect something fishy...

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:15 pm
fair enough. i did not read the disclaimers. i'll shamefully listen to the 35 and then read the disclaimers. i didn't need the too good to be true example though :) i can't believe with all the hubbub about shutting down p2p sites that this one would just get away with it. i thought that was done already. many dj's have suggested it in other posts so i finally tried it.

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:26 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've put $10 in allofmp3 too, and it's a great service I agree. The choice of encoding on-the-fly is really great. But as said DJ Acadien, I feel it's too good to be true and I hardly see how the artist gets a share of that, so I decided not to re-credit my account.

I'd re-use it though if I had proof it's endorsed by the artists and thir labels, even if it was at the same price as the competition...

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:29 pm
Unfortunatly like most things in the former USSR, It's run by mobsters, as they call them. I have to give them credit, they are very clever over there. Or should I say corrupt. But then again no one said a thing about Napster, when they first came out. I don't think the Napster people were killing anybody, or selling your credit card number. Buyer beware.

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:54 pm
yeah...i just did a $10 thing as well and won't be using them. i got caught up in the moment. so many people suggested them on other posts. i didn't mean this as a post for everyone go to this site but like i said it was recommened by so many....i'm a strong believer in the artists deserve the money...especially if we're getting paid to play their music. i regret the post at this point.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 12:00 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
nothing to regret, it's good to discuss ethics.
here are a few places where independent labels and artists get their dues (and my money):
www.beatport.com
www.trackitdown.net
www.bleep.com
www.stompy.com
www.trax2burn.com

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 12:09 am
djej, nothing wrong with the post. No need to beat yourself up, either. I know a lot of girls from the former USSR, and I would not deal with any website from there. Now I am sure, not all sites are corrupt, but I pick and choose where I take my chances. I don't bungi jump either.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 1:31 am
allofmp3.com is russian, and follows russian laws...

but movements are made to make it illegal. Might be soon

you can read more her :
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11406

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 1:33 am
"Russian Law"? That's funny putting those two words together. When police officers don't get paid for a length of time, and then get paid with "Vodka", they can't even spell "law".

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 1:56 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
djej,

Don't feel guilty. This lead to a good ethics discussion and probably turned more people away from allofmp3.com than towards. For example, I have used allofmp3 suspecting that something was probably fishy, but relying on my own ignorance as an excuse to partake in the bounty of cheap music. Now having been forced to face the truth, expecially after reading the article: http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11406 I can't claim ignorance any longer.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 5:32 pm
we have no copyright laws here lol

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:49 am
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Russian police will not shut allofmp3.com down, believe me--that's not how things work in my former home country ;). It seems that there is some sort of CD-ripping loophole in the Russian law--all of their music is obviously ripped from commercially-available CDs. This site will be shut down only when we, the users, will stop supporting it by buying music legally somewhere else. But, I may miss my Russian songs collection then ;).

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 7:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)