Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HDJC MKII with TCV TCCD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i am considering purchasing the hdjc mk2, but only if it wil work with tcv.

I only want to use it for an asio soundcard and midi control for effects etc, NOT AS A MIXER.

just wondering if anyone here who has got it uses TCV or TCCDs with it.

this will be the deciding factor on if i purchase it or not, hopefully within the next 2 weeks

thanks

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 3:53 pm
I hope for some feedback on this issue too :)

The new herc got 2 x line-in, and asio

Anyone tested it with timecode ?

would love some feedback... as I might get it too :)

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 9:08 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it works great. I've been testing it since september (beta tester) and highly recommend it. I haven't had any problem with it.
the TCV works good too, and configuration is a breeze: VDJ puts the mk2 in ASIO mode automatically, then you use the auto-config for TCV signal and here you go...

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 9:17 pm
any latency issues with the hdjcmk2 as soundcard? any noticable difference over maya44, maya 44 16bit, hdjcmk2 24bit

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 1:33 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have never had the maya so I can't tell you if there are any noticeable difference. There are no noticeable differences with my Echo Indigo IO PCMCIA audio card.

For manual beatmixing & simple-scratch-on-the-cue, I don't have any latency issue with the hdjcmk2 (note: VDJ forces it into ASIO 44.1KHz 16bit), I can pretty much do whatever I do with normal vinyl.

However I can't tell if it's adequate for advanced scratching techniques...

any heavy-duty scratcher out there can answer?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 2:37 pm
I am no heavy duty scratcher but i will mainly due scratching into cues. so i think the hdjcmk2 is a go for me lol... sounds great

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 8:29 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Gauge,

As I see you will save your money and keep your wife happy... If you go for the DJConsole2 you can hold on a mixer and a soundcard and buy (if you want) 2 TTs and the TCVs.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 9:38 am
yesa and keping my wife happy is very important or i dont get to play lol

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 6:56 am
djbnoizHome userMember since 2005
as far as heavy scratching... would only be baby scratch. everything works pretty real-time, but when trying to scratch as you would on vinyl... nothin' like the real thing. basic scratches only.
but would like to know how this thing really holds for an all night club party. and the fader cycle. would appreciate any help.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 6:55 pm
the console does not have a touch sensitive platter, that is, the record dont stop when you put the finger on the jogwheel, and stay stopped for as long as you have the finger there......

This is what makes real vinyl, tc vinyl, xp10 or pro cd-decks different...

So, you can't scratch like on real vinyl, and you can't use a sticker on the jog to mark where u are at..

But you can do some pretty neat scratches, watching the waveform, or using cures like Gauge.

I use the console with external mixer at club, 3 times a week. It holds up damn well..
I only use the play and cue button, jogwheel for nudge, and FX/loop buttons though, as I have it connected to external mixer. Good thing with MK2 is that you can LOCK the crossfader for use with external mixer... love that ;)

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 7:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)