Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using Video Features Without Accelerated Video Card Support - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

The best notebooks for VirtualDJ are or Pentium 4 or AMD 64, NOT Turion or Pentium M. HP Pavilion Zd8000 series could work great.

The Compaq R4000 or Pavilion Zv6000 Series use an ATI X200 Video card (which isn't that good, the minimum from ATI is the X300)

Posted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 2:19 am
I decided to solve this problem by buying a new laptop. The laptop has the following video options:

PCIExpress x16:
* Standard: 64MB ATI's MobilityTM RADEONTM X300 HyperMemoryTM
* Optional: 128MB DDR ATI's MobilityTM RADEONTM X300 PCI Express x16 Graphics
* Optional: 256MB DDR NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 6800 PCI Express Graphics

Does anyone have any opinion on which would be best for mixing music videos? My guess would be the nvidia is best. Opinions from the forum please...

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 1:25 am
Anewsome,
in my opinion is 128 better than the 64, while windows is consuming some memory besides vdj. What I understood in the posts about video cards is that the speed of the display memory is important.
You could best ask dj Cyder, in my opinion he has the most experience on this topic.
Ewout

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:13 pm
Anewsome,

N-Vidia 6600 is faster and cheaper than other solutions, the GT is the fastest only behind from 7800GT. ATI card not use DDR3 and his GPU clocks are slower.

I recomend you to go with Optional: 256MB DDR NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 6800 PCI Express Graphics.

X300 aren't the best option of ATI. Only X800 is as good as some N-Vidia cards, but it's slower than the N-Vidia equivalent (7800GT).

Posted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 8:19 pm
Here are the specs:

GeForce 6800 Core Clock:350MHz Memory Clock:700MHz Memory Size:DDR 256MB Memory Bus:256bit Memory Type:- 2.8 ns RAMDAC: 400MHz Interface:PCIE DirectX: 9.0c

Radeon X300SE HyperMemory Core Clock:325MHz Memory Clock:600MHz Memory Size:Up to 128MB Memory Bus:64bit Memory Type:- 5 ns RAMDAC:400MHz Interface:PCIE DirectX:9.0

Posted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 8:31 pm
@acw_dj, Anewsome is looking for a new laptop. A pci express card will probably not fit i ;-)
Ewout

Posted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 8:55 pm
Superstorm,

Laptops don't have a physical PCI-Express SLOT, but they have it in the motherboard. I put that info because is for all wich use that PCI-E technology and in his post mention it. The info I gave is for ALL PCI-E interfaces; incluiding a physical PCI-E card or an inside motherboard chipset. If the number of chipset exists in anyway in a PC or laptop then the specs are those I gave before.

;-)

Posted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 9:16 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what do you guys think about the ATI Radeon Xpress 200M?
you think it can handle videos in VDJ?

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 10:58 am
I just got the Toshiba Qosmio G25 and it has the Nvidia go 6600 video card with 128 megs onboard, I have only ever used toshiba laptops, I love them to death and I also use a Toshiba P35 S611 with an ATI rage and 128 megs onboard, as well as a p4 3.3 ghz and a gig of ram, anyone else have experience with these laptops?

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 11:37 am
I placed the order for the new laptop yesterday, so we can put this thread to rest (until I get the laptop at least). It was ordered with this video card:

* Optional: 256MB DDR NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 6800 PCI Express Graphics

Which they say is the best option for video on that laptop. I really wasn't looking for the best, just the one that worked best with VDJ for playing music videos. Maybe that means the nvidia, maybe not. We'll soon see. This is a pretty high powered laptop, so I will retire my old backup laptop (a 1GHz Celeron w 512MB). This new one will be my primary and my current primary will be my new backup. So I will have two very capable laptops but only one will be usable for music videos.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 8:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)