Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Esi U46DJ soundcard issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I've just received today my U46DJ and unfortunately it's not fully compatible with VDJ. I wanted to test the TCV with this soundcard and it works well, except for scratching. I can hear sometime like I'm scratching bits or data instead of the song. Then I found out in the manual page 22

"(The Maya44 USB has been tested with BPM studio V.4.2 and above. ESI tested all MAJOR DJ Application. We have founded U46DJ is currently not compatible with PCDJ's Scratch and Atomix's Virtutal DJ"

I don't know yet what I'm going to do...

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 9:30 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This is very important info,
The new Esi card seem to be the maya44usb replacement, BUT, when i've read the specs of the card some days ago, i saw it is nothing better than the maya (expect the phantom power, and preamps and a better looking box...)
It is still ...usb 1.1 44/16 bit if i'm not mistaken.
So the drivers is the key..
How they call this card "Dj" if the (first driver) release is not working with two of the most popullar dj softwares ?

Please keep us informed, about it.

P.S.Maya's driver are made by usb-audio.com (not Esi)

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 11:10 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Apopsis,
The International vendor for Maya 44 is Audiotrak and ESI is a company from the same korean fellows. I was advice form Audiotrak directly that this soundcard will take the place for Maya 44 USB. I still looking and I don't find a really replacement for the Maya 44 USB. Not for price and even for what we need.

It's a shame the U46DJ don't work with VDJ properly.

Did you try ASIO4ALL drivers? maybe this could save you.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 5:04 am
I know that well (about Esi/Audiotrak), and i also had this information that u46dj will replace the maya, their ..most popular soundcard EVER.. The hardware part must be simillar if not the same (chipset/converters) with the addition of the phono preamps and a "funcy" box that ... (???) dj's want to see.. (like the scrachamp and the serato box)
So the drivers is the key.. Esi drivers never liked virtualdj...
And i wonder what is the market of this product if it is not working with virtualdj and Pcdj scratch. The other TC Vinyl softwares have their own boxes (FS, Digiscratch and SSL) so only mixvibes Dvs and djdecks is left... if it is working with them (we don't now that yet)
And keep in mind, this sweet box is still usb 1.1 16 bit 44 or 48 k (scratchamp and the others are 24/96 Firewire..)
Maya44usb is still my favorite for what it does (and price)

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 2:56 pm
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
well i´m going to say only this:

"maya usb 44 have a low price but is it a professional sound card?"

Please the people must think about this.. Thank you.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:32 pm
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
well i´m going to say only this:

"maya usb 44 have a low price but is it a professional sound card?"

Please the people must think about that.. Thank you.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:32 pm
I've downloaded ASIO4ALL and with their drivers everything seems to be working well. So far so good.

The problem noticed earlier was due to higher buffer setting (higher than 512). I was able to reduced the ESI drivers sample buffer to 128, which fixed the problem. However, the real problem that I found with ESI drivers is that the song skips and it's not stable.

I'll give it another try tonight with the ASIO4ALL drivers and I'll let you guys know.

By the way, MAYA 44 USB is discountinued. That's what the salesman told me. True, not true? It seems in the USA and Canada it's pretty hard to find.

Later

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 1:48 am
True,

Maya 44 USB is discontinued since July 2005. When I ask to Audiotrak they respond me:

"Regarding MAYA 44 USB,
Yes, we don't have stock of it anymore.
But, we have new product that can replace MAYA 44 USB.
The name of product is U46DJ and it is in ESI brand.

Please visit the following webpage. Then you can check it in detail.

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60&page=1 "

(July 27, 2005)

I hope ASIO4ALL could do the trick.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 11:48 pm
Hey guys I used the asio for all program and still am having major trouble. I get the right cd cdj1000 to play but out the left I get the song with time code coming through as well. Can anyone please set the record straight on config/settings. I'm loosing my mind.

Thanks in advance
Brown

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 1:32 am
You need to check the setting of the Input channels...

Check in the Windows register and look for TimecodeConfigMapChanIn, normally this setting are 00 01 02 03. If you experience sound like you describe, maybe the settings are 00 02 01 03. VDJ must be off when you do changes to the register and try some combinations to get the right sound out.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 7:34 am
Thanks for the response. It actually was set up 00 01 02 03. chanout was 00 01 02 03 04 05 but I tried to change the asignments and still no luck. The left deck responds with the time code cd with the time code coming through and the right side is perfect. I defintely verified the functionality of the sound card and outside of this program seems to work fine.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 3:43 pm
actually I think I might have confused anyone reading my last response. I did play around with the time config file and no other luck. What is coming out of the one cdj-1000 is perfect and the other has the high pitch sound of the time code as well as music. I'm about to shoot myself at this point. LOL

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:45 am
Any further news about the Ego Systems U46DJ sound card and it's compatibility w/ VDJ?

Posted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 7:58 pm
djclearPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I purchased the maya 44 usb and it works as a standard output but when i try to do
the timecode setup it give me an error of no signal present i can see the signal in
the little box but nothing happens. i burned the timecode into audio format i believe
i am doing everything right but obviously not, because it won't work. please help
i also set the setting in the 33rpm, 45rpm to cd player, i don't know what else to try. thanks in advance i am using the
denon 5ks.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 12:01 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Try turing down the inputs on the maya for tccd

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 12:24 am
I'm having trouble with the TCVinyls and the U46DJ soundcard. I sent a email to esi support. They said that there is an update on the drivers comming up.

I would recommend holding up before buying this soundcard to use with VDJ.

I'll let you know as soon as I install the new drivers.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 5:38 pm
Yes, please let us know.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 7:34 pm
hekgPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Acadien, is the ESI U45DJ working as it should now?

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 1:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)