Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: To write plugin with Dev-C++ ? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

after messing with it for a while I figured it out somewhat...
I successfully exported a DLL file that has the modified cut transition. The problem is programming now.
How do I have it where when I move the fader lets say to the right it CUTS to the next video really quick. I was able to do that. I just modified one command line:

the orginal was:
if(crossfader<=2048) return RenderSurface[0]();

I changed it to:
if(crossfader<=128) return RenderSurface[0]();

Here is the problem.

It only works in one direction. Is it possible to have it reset when crossfader is brought all the way over to the next side then behave the same when reversing the direction again?

Posted Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 12:30 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 2:02 pm
I understand that part of how to right or left video to display.
The question is it possible to make the value reset once the crossfader has reached all the way over to the opposite side. For example: Playing video on player A and crossfading over to player B. While moving the crossfader the value of the crossfader reaches 128 thus activating the player B's video as a cut transition. Once I am done mixing over to player B's side fully with the crossfader I want to go back to player A and mix a new track in. I want to be able to move the crossfader to player A's direction and when it reaches the value of 128 going in that direction away from player B then it should activate player A's video. In other words a quick cut transition going both directions. Not just for a right cut (player A to B) or left cut (player B to A).

Posted Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 2:28 pm
You can use a booleen when the crossfader is at 4096 or 0 to init the way

You can use too:
#define CUT 128

0 to CUT: right_way
(4096-CUT) to 4096 : left_way

Posted Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 2:49 pm
I am not sure what you mean...

Could you write it out so I can copy and paste it into the code.

Posted Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 11:14 pm
I will see if i have time to write this plugin for you (as you are asking me that) but i think it's better if you make it by yourself (a good way to understand and learn)

Posted Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 7:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)