Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundblaster Extigy vs. Egosys WaMI box

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've decided to invest in a new sound-solution and a mixer, and have narrowed it down to two possible solutions;

a) Soundblaster Extigy

b) Egosys WaMI box

Have anyone tried one of these two?
What is your experience with any of them? Problems&Solutions.
Should I buy it? And Why or Why not?

(I'm currently using the builtin sound card and a regular USB sound device. No Mixer. Splitting channels is not a desired solution)

Thank you... In advance...

- Jim

Posted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 7:35 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I have just ordered a EXtigy and i'm pickin it up tomorrow so i will let you know what i think of it

STU

Posted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 10:08 am
I have an Extigy, and it's a dream to use. Lots of different kinds of connections, and the remote control is cool too.

Plus, it has 24-bit 96hkz output... not that any programs use that, of course.

Hey, why can't Atomix mix at 96khz? There's nothing stopping it, is there? That would make sound quality better for those of us with good sound cards... and then it could revert back to 44khz for everyone else :D

Posted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 2:35 am
To anonymous:

So you only use Extigy... or do you use it as a second soundcard.

- jim

Posted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 2:44 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
good luck finding 96khz MP3s.. even if atomixmp3 did support it.. lol

Posted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 3:59 am
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
Hi,

I read in other posts that Soundblaster Extigy could be the possible cause of skipping problems?
I own a laptop (Toshiba PIII 800, 256 Ram, Win Me) and I'm thinking of buying the Extigy because I want to be able to prelisten songs before I play 'em. But I have to be sure that I could use it without any problems, else it would just be a waste of money.

let me know please,

thanx

D.

Posted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 5:35 am
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
To David:

David, you don't need an Extigy to pre-listen to your song before you mix it in. An ordinary 3D sound card would do this for you just fine.

I have used a Creative Sound Blaster Live Value! 5.1, and it has support for front and rear output. Once you configure the driver to use 4 speakers, you can plug your headphones into the second jack, and you have yourself sound to the headphones.

Mark

Posted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 5:49 pm
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
Mark,

I have a labtop, can I connect a Creative Sound Blaster Live Value! 5.1 card to it? Isn't that only for desktop pcs?
thanx,

D.

Posted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 6:36 pm
fan of the wamibox myself and ive got an extra to sell still, only $200, and its like new in the box,

email infader1@hotmail.com with any questions

Posted Fri 19 Apr 02 @ 10:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)