Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: One soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yesterday I took a chance and did my gig in a club using only one soundcard. I hooked my laptop to an external mixer with a simple RCA cable, red and black ends going to different channels. I didn't even bother to split the ends of the cable into two outputs, apparently the mixer doesn't need stereo input to a channel to be able to feed all the speakers.
The music quality was great, the bass was somewhat even thicker then when using stereo. It was probably my best party ever, people stayed almost until the morning, god bless progressive house. I guess that a good 3D soundcard might get you a better overall performance, but if you want to use a laptop, I'd say forget those USB soundcards, just use mono sound on two channels, It'll save you some money and will give you a light and simple system and great sound quality.
Cheers.

Posted Sat 16 Jun 01 @ 1:48 pm
cTigerHome userMember since 2001
how did you have the pre-listening ? (atomix on 2 differents channels with 2 different music on each channel?)

cTiger

Posted Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 12:09 am
corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Essentially, when you configure atomix to use one soundcard and an external mixer, it plays one track in your left ear, and another track in your right ear. Then you split the output, so your left goes into the A channel of the mixer, and your right goes to the B channel. From there on, you preview the next track using the preview button on a mixer.
Cheers.

Posted Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 1:01 am
cTigerHome userMember since 2001
thx
not used to that, I allways run with 2 sound card

cTiger

Posted Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 8:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)