Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Absolute knob position in script?
Hi all,

There's a setting in VDJ called controllerTakeoverMode that by default is set to "Pickup."

What this means is that if a knob doesn't match the value on the skin, the knob won't actually change the value until you set it to the value on the skin.

I prefer having this set to Pickup, but for one particular script that I'm writing I need to make a knob always report the absolute value of the knob (the VDJ docs refer to this as "instant"). Is there a way to do this in script? I do NOT want to change the global controllerTakeoverMode value for this script because that could lead to a bunch of other settings abruptly changing when I run the script.

Thanks in advance :)

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 2:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the global setting is all there is, you could make your dial first change the setting to instant then do what it does then change back to pickup all in one script.

there is
refresh_controller "device name" "control name"
but I think that only works for outputs from vdj to device [for LED states] I'm not sure it works for inputs.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 3:17 pm
Thanks for the response, the problem is that if I change it to globally Instant, then my tempos may suddenly change and various other settings that I have ignored where the dials are not synced up.

Under other circumstances I would normally just twist the knob from 0 to 1 before activating the script, but this is one of the numark "touch" knobs that activates as soon as you touch it.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 3:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You should test ;p ,instant still needs the dial to be touched before it is read.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 4:15 pm