Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: How can I get to display above for a video skin?
I created a video skin and used the element sprite as a single background image. I've been able to get the <textzone> and <square> layered above the <visual> but I just can't get <deck> to show. It is there but is behind the background graphic.

How can I get <visual> below every element? Also how do I post an image illustration here?

```
<skin
name="Talk"
version="8"
width="1920"
height="1080"
breaklineV="960"
comment="Talk shows"
author="rosetta"
preview="preview.png">
<copyright>(c)2023 - rosetta</copyright>
<font name="BaseOne"/>

<visual deck="masterdeck">
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<size width="1920" height="1080" />
<off x="0" y="0"/>
</visual>
<deck deck="masterdeck"></deck>

<square color="#111111" visibility="90%">
<pos x="0" y="1000"/>
<size width="1920" height="80"/>
</square>
<textzone group="horizontal" align="left" deck="master" scroll="yes">
<pos x="20" y="1000"/>
<size width="1920" height="80"/>
<text size="60" color="#ffcc00" action="get_comment & param_uppercase" multiline="no"/>
</textzone>

<logo visibility="not has_logo 'videoskin'">
<pos x="1920" y="10"/>
<size width="160" height="40" />
</logo>
<equalizer type="bar" nb="96" color="#0d86e3" deck="master" width="0.6" slow="true" bass="middle" mirror="true" >
<pos x="+90" y=""/>
<size width="1920-160" height="150" />
</equalizer>
</skin>
```

Posted Tue 09 May 23 @ 10:12 pm
<deck /> element does not "paint" a deck on the video output.
It is used to tell from which deck the other elements inside it will get their information.

So, if for example you create a <textzone /> element to show the elapsed or remaining time of the track, you also need to specify for which deck you want to display the time.
For single elements, you can use deck="X" on the element definition <textzone deck="1" .. />
However, if you have a lot of elements to show, you can group them and specify the deck only once:
<deck deck="1">
<textzone .. />
<visual .. />
<textzone .. />
<square .. />
</deck>

All the elements inside the <deck> </deck> block now get their values from deck 1

Posted Tue 09 May 23 @ 10:57 pm
I had that format before as I saw it in another skin, but the <visual> element stays above the video and therefore the video is hidden.

Well it appears I am restricted so images can't be published.

I just want to fill the video screen with a background image that serves as a filler for empty spaces on the sides of non 16:9

Posted Wed 10 May 23 @ 12:00 am