Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pitch color fx when using stems split?
This may already have been reported/discussed/explained, not sure

But it seems that the Pitch color fx affects both channels/stems when using stems split
Shouldn't they be totally separated at that points?

It works with stems split unlink, so maybe pitch (including the color fx) is considered part of the linked stems, like cue, hotcue, scratch and so on

Posted Tue 02 May 23 @ 8:56 am
I confirm and I don't know if this is normal!

Posted Thu 04 May 23 @ 12:55 pm
I think maybe it's considered a timed option (because it has to stay in time, even when you change the pitch) - which means that you can only use it on split stems if you detached them (using stems_split_unlink after you use stems_split to split them)

Posted Sun 07 May 23 @ 12:11 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
I think maybe it's considered a timed option (because it has to stay in time, even when you change the pitch) - which means that you can only use it on split stems if you detached them (using stems_split_unlink after you use stems_split to split them)

This could be the reason even though pitch as an effect does not alter the tempo of the song. How do you use stems_split_unlink to make it work?

Posted Sun 07 May 23 @ 9:36 pm
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

This could be the reason even though pitch as an effect does not alter the tempo of the song. How do you use stems_split_unlink to make it work?

It's part of this video

Posted Sun 07 May 23 @ 10:09 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

It's part of this video

Thanks, that's what I didn't understand. I thought you could use stems_split_unlink on its own and have the function, but instead it has to add to stems_split, so:

stems_split & stems_split_unlink

if you want both at the same time.

Thanks again Klaus!

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 12:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that on the FLX10 decks are unlinked by default, so you could borrow the way stems_split is used there. (it's called from the target deck instead of the source deck)

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 3:59 am
Ok, now I am curious, what would be the syntax for calling from the target?

deck 3 stems_split 'instrumental' 'target' 

creates a clone of sorts on deck 3 but has NO volume. (and Stems are NOT split, it seems)

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 4:36 am
melorhythm will work

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 5:40 am

That works !

always learning more amazing possibilities of VDJ.

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 7:01 am
Regarding the original question, the reason pitch color fx is linked is because it's using the key shift functionality that is also linked.
Ideally I agree that it would make more sense if it followed the other effects and was always unlinked, so might get fixed in the future, but currently unlinking can be used as a workaround.

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 3:02 pm
Adion wrote :
Regarding the original question, the reason pitch color fx is linked is because it's using the key shift functionality that is also linked.
Ideally I agree that it would make more sense if it followed the other effects and was always unlinked, so might get fixed in the future, but currently unlinking can be used as a workaround.

Thanks Adion, in the meantime I solved it using the disconnection but also inserting the slip activation in the script so that even if the stems are disconnected, touching the jog there can't be any phase shifts in the overlap in the two decks and it works very well. If in the future it will be updated I will go back to the normal configuration.

Sorry if I take advantage of the answer but I wanted to report a small bug in the display of the stems panel in the live skin, I sent an email to George even if maybe Rune takes care of this?

Thank you

Posted Tue 09 May 23 @ 10:30 am