Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [Controller] Make LED light match master_tempo state...
Setup:
VirtualDJ 2023 (latest update)
MacOS (latest update)
Rane 12 MK2 single-deck controller

Desired Behavior:
1) Go to "Settings -> Mapping -> select controller in dropdown"
2) Go to key "CLONE", set the script to "master_tempo". This makes the "CLONE" button on the controller toggle Master Tempo on and off for the deck it's controlling. This part works.
3) Go to key "LED_CLONE". Pre-test that entering "true" toggles the "CLONE" button's LED on, and entering "false" toggles the "CLONE" button's LED off. This part works.
4) Assign to "LED_CLONE" the following script: "param_equal master_tempo 'on' ? true : false".
5) The LED on the CLONE light should now follow Master Tempo state for that deck.

Actual Behavior:
(1-4) same
5) The LED on the CLONE light blinks briefly when it is pressed but it does NOT follow the Master Tempo state for that deck. I have tried several variants of the code mentioned in Step 4 above with the same results.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 22 @ 5:36 pm
[NOT SOLVED] Update: I realized that LED_CLONE can simply be set to the master_tempo value by making its Mapping script "master_tempo".

LED state is following correctly if I toggle on and off Master Tempo via controls on the screen, but when I hit the button the state gets lost.

I assume my remedies are:
1) Some kind of Timer Function running on the LED that checks a value at a regular interval?
2) Write my own Controller Mapper for Rane 12 MK2 that changes something about that LED?

Posted Sat 24 Dec 22 @ 11:18 pm
I tried the "regular interval" thing and it KINDA works. If I really quickly press the Master Tempo button on the controller, it works but if I hold it even for a second, LED State goes out of whack.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 22 @ 11:41 pm