Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: AKAI AMX - How to set a different step value in pitch control knob?
Hello, I play VirtualDJ on AKAI AMX controller. However, I would like to change the increase/decrease value of the pitch control knob (this function is assigned to the keys combination SHIFT+GAIN). Because as standard that increment corresponds to about 0.8% of a beat for each step of the knob, I would like to set it to 0.3% to have greater precision in this function. Could you give me a script (or what it needs) to do so? Thank you in advance.

Posted Thu 22 Dec 22 @ 5:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
var '$shift' ? param_delta & param_bigger 0 ? pitch +0.03 : pitch -0.03 : gain

try that.

Posted Thu 22 Dec 22 @ 6:34 pm
Hi Locodog, thank you so much for your reply. I tried the script you suggested but the step value remains 0.7% and furthermore turning the pitch knob (regardless of whether it is rotated clockwise or counterclockwise) it only works decreasing the speed.
I tried this script: var shift_gain +1 ? pitch +0.2% : pitch -0.2%
it works well regarding he step value of 0,2% but (also in this case) the pitch speed is only decreasing....

Posted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 11:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
param_bigger 0 ? var '$shift' 1 ? pitch +0.03 : gain : var '$shift' 1 ? pitch -0.03 : gain

Posted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 11:14 am
WOWW!! Now it works!!! I only changed the pitch value from "0.02" to "0.2%" to have an even better accuracy. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Posted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 4:56 pm