Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Transferring database from Windows to Mac. Is it 100% reliable?
Hey folks,

I've recently found out that the reason I'm having weird distortion issues and instability with my Rane ONE is because there are issues between Windows 11 and a lot of audio drivers, including Rane's. Therefore, I will be switching to Mac fairly soon, as I've heard that people no longer experience the issue on Macs.

HOWEVER, I've done some research about transferring VDJ database between Windows and Mac, and aside from there not being a whole lot of results and posts about this, it seems that quite a few people experienced issues (playlists not showing, or the worst of all - cues and song data isn't there). I love VDJ, but having to literally reorganize and re-assign everything in my music library is going to be extremely tedious, so I'm hoping that this is something that is easy to do and works properly today.

I plan on getting FAT32 drivers for the Macbook I'll be buying - just so that the OS understands the filing system of my music library (that would be coming from a Windows formatted hard drive). I'm just dreading the possibility that I will have to build my entire VDJ music library from scratch all over again, including the cues and edited BPM information. My music library is ENORMOUS, to put it lightly..

Posted Wed 06 Jul 22 @ 9:18 am