Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Time & Size Counter During Recording
allugo1Home userMember since 2022
I loaded an enormous amount of songs to auto mix into one track for a road trip across the country. On the Record screen the time and file size stopped progressing even though VDJ is still going through the remaining songs and automixing as well as showing the sound waves moving for the remaining songs. Can someone tell me why they stopped and what does it mean as I understand that VDJ is only limited to available space. My laptop has more than enough. The Time stopped at 24:51:18 and Size stopped at 2.00 GB. Thanks.

Posted Thu 12 May 22 @ 11:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You record in WAV format ? Most likely a OS file size limit, so try a different type next time.

Posted Thu 12 May 22 @ 11:26 am
Actually 24 hours to 2GB cannot be WAV recording.
But most likely you hit the 32 bit application file size limit.
In other words, switch to 64 bit version and try again.
Also make sure that you save the recording on a modern filesystem like NTFS and not FAT32.

Posted Thu 12 May 22 @ 4:32 pm
allugo1Home userMember since 2022
All my music is mp3 and I downloaded 64 bit version of VDJ. Thanks for info but as I went through different posts on this forum I think I may have found the answer. Someone wrote that 64 bit VDJ can only be downloaded on Windows 10. I haven't converted, I'm still on Windows 7. Is it true 64 bit VDJ can only be on Windows 10? Do I need to uninstall and install 32 bit VDJ?

Posted Thu 12 May 22 @ 7:46 pm