Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Little favour, quick snapshot
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could somebody who has a 1920*1080 resolution take a full screen full sized snapshot of default pro 4 decks please.

It will help me converting this m$ paint draft I have. [there's probably smarter ways but I don't enjoy gfx software]

Posted Sun 10 Apr 22 @ 9:27 pm

3rd width deck under way, this will be a swap deck with it's friend to the left, and they'll be 4 of these pairs, either side of the decks [and no browser space at all XD]

the in a loop colouring is a bit of a problem with a songpos so small, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before as white on daylight skin isn't great either but there you aren't relying on just songpos there.
height & size & dy & colour would be ideal, but...

realistically it's just a fancy progress bar, so I'll plod on.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 12:35 am

slow progress, it's getting a bit cramped.
1/3rd & 2/3rd's decks nearly laid out [still 1/4 decks to do]

I'm no gui designer, just trying to see if I can get this remix decks idea running.
[and get better at bodging skins together]

Posted Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 5:54 pm

first row of remix left decks, unintended layout, with space for a couple of static buttons might have to use that some how,
I'm wondering if to make right deck 3rd & 2/3rd variants... depends on how things fall.
qtr size decks, very nice as a wind down exercise .

Everything is as straight as summer teeth [some are here, some are there] but prototyping the sync play mechanism,

Posted Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 10:11 am
A question now. placeholders & multibuttons

firstly can a place holder be assigned a value from a var?
[curiosity, not sure how I'd use it but if I can, I'll find something]

multibutton bit
I define a multibutton on the root of the skin, I include place holders [deck this, deck that etc] and go to town with script

in my deck define I create an instance of multibutton, will it inherit all the way down from my deck creation [deck creation defines the placeholders]

3rd question [curiosity, unrelated]
can I use invisible no position unclickable sliders/buttons to hold values?
what some skin makers do to my precious var_list is unforgivable, I've decided to challenge myself to not add a single var.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 9:31 pm
multibutton bit, seems it doesn't but I could be off course,
I'll try localise it.

Dumbed it down as far as I can
	<!-- deck define -->
<define class="2_3RD_DECK_LEFT" placeholders="deck,twin,*panelname,*swapdeck">
<multibutton id="SyncPlay" >
<choice name="1" action="deck [TWIN] play"/>
</multibutton>
<button class="button_main" x="+0" y="+0" sysicon="play_button" iconsize="30" action="multibutton SyncPlay" weight=""/>
</define>

<!--deck declare-->
<panel class="2_3RD_DECK_LEFT" name="2_3RD_DECK_LEFT1" x="+11" visibility="true" deck="3" swapdeck="5" twin="5" panelname="2_3RD_DECK_LEFT1"/>

If I swap out [TWIN] for a real number it fires, so placeholders & multibuttons looks like a no, a bit of a downer but it doesn't stop me,
I almost thought I got something smart about placeholders, but it's probably not working as multibutton is a bit of a relic.
Time for a big fat wall of script [works every time]

Posted Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 10:44 pm

Left set, not completed but quite far on, kind of got hooked into seriously remixing a single track

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:38 am
Calm view [might make these 8 swapable with the not visible 8] more for browsing / normal A & B mixing

In action view

bit of layout description

This thing eats hours in playback, get locked in a techno grove and just keep going
Still have to link all left remix decks to outer left mixer eq etc [will have to use volume effect to have side+perdeck volume] similar with right set & CH4

Don't like the browser in action view, will have to custom browser
Grids have to be super correct
delayed sync play buttons working nice,

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 1:50 pm
Remember this?

The rough code is/was in the default skin. Atomix never finished it.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:46 pm
I do, I've been half thinking on using it, but my dimensions are different.
It's actually quite hard adapting existing code to chase all the offsets. so I'm now chasing the odd pixel of my own mess up.

I used the jog area width as my prep [1/3rd] decks and worked around that.
In my journey I found vital stats
decks 800 width, mixer 320 width

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 5:08 pm

played around with the layout a bit, more elements are static now.
loop progress bar was a bit of a must [transparent over title].
Added in selected deck wave [& huge song pos, really disliking forced loop colour] up top

some right clicks, for sync, cycle cues, probably more yet.

The 'clever' bit of script for delayed start is tight [tested upto 230 bpm] haven't tested with extreme slow tracks but smart play should deal with that.

It's not a finished skin but I the concept is there and I think it needs a tester or two to help polish it.

[plus I need to actually port it into a fresh v8 default skin, without all "myOwn default" customisations]

Posted Sun 17 Apr 22 @ 3:41 am
Very rough and ready video. [didn't realise my BWLimiter has stupid settings]
Still skin work to do, so haven't developed a controller scheme yet [this is a job for my faderfox EC4, or perhaps a midifighter twister [Ideal world one of each, a pair of either or maybe a Launch Control XL], so pratting about with mouse, during a skin test I started recording with random tracks.

Any willing testers speak up.

Posted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 8:39 am