Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Better custom VST management (master bus)
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I would love to see better vst management in VirtualDJ - I would like to easily access which plugin has priority in line (check ableton for example, where you just pull plugins left or right on the panel) in certain scenarios.

Example: master vst bus - I would like to setup eq, sidechacin compression/limiter, reverb and stereo widener

for it to work properly it needs to be put in certain order to not compress reverb, or eq before compression and so on.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 22 @ 4:35 pm
you may not realize this but if you add an individual plugin for each of those functions you will most likely add tons of latency to you system and probably have issues live DJing I highly recommend you avoid doing that.....

virtual dj isn't a music production application and you really shouldn't need all of that to spin at any party

just my 2 cents

Posted Fri 07 Jan 22 @ 6:17 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
If ableton is capable of doing that live, then why not VDJ? I would suspect rather a few ms of latency added which is not that bad for better sounding, refined mix.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 6:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The order is simply defined by the order of activation, so with a ONINIT script of
deck master effect_active a & deck master effect_active b etc...
you can ensure that the effects are activated in the right order

Posted Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 7:17 pm