Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems not working after update - Page: 2
No problem Adion, thanks for the explanation.

It's better for the check to be in place though, my GPD pocket with it's Intel Atom x7-Z8750 won't entertain stems in the slightest but works perfectly well with VDJ normally.

Keith

Posted Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 11:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is still another check in place that checks the actual performance while calculating stems.
When it is slower than 200% realtime (so it would take 2 minutes to calculate stems on a 4 minute song) you should get a popup suggesting to turn off real-time stems calculation.

Posted Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 12:27 pm
After installing the new update, the new version of this software is not working normally. The stems are just there for show which means when you load a track, and press the Vocal stem button, no vocals are removed. It wasn't like this back in 2023 or early 2024 before this dramatic new update came into effect. Now the stems are hard to work with. We need to get this problem fixed soon as possible.

Posted Sat 04 May 24 @ 8:55 pm
Which "dramatic new update"?
VDJ 2024 was the big update. But there was really nothing new wuth stems in the new version, and there also hasn't been in the minor public release since then (you can check the release logs for confirmation)
The big update for stems was VDJ2023
So I don't really think that there is a general stems problem to fix
My best guess is that you have been used to using reduced stems quality, and is now using stems 2.0. If that is the case, and your laptop can't quite keep up, then the stems won't always be ready when you try to use them, and then nothing will happen when you use a stems pad/button/knob

Posted Sun 05 May 24 @ 5:27 am