Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Random songs to the Auto-mix list - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CescBCNHome userMember since 2020
@Grok32 Thanks a lot for your help.
I'm useless at programming and I know nothing about coding, so... I have tested your approach and works!
The only drawback to your solution is that before click the button is necessary to select all the songs in the browser. It would be possible to select just the folder in the folder view?
Thanks for your help

Posted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 8:33 am
Thanks for your help @locodog but...
How can implement this in my macOS environment? Remember that I just need a way to, by selecting a folder, be able to randomly select a number of songs (let's say from 2 to 5). First solution from @Nicotux worked and was exactly what I wanted, but unfortunately is not working anymore and I would like to regain2 again this functionality in my Mac.
Can you please try to find a solution for this functionality to work again (remember, must work in macOS).
Thank you.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 8:40 am
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
"The only drawback to your solution is that before click the button is necessary to select all the songs in the browser. It would be possible to select just the folder in the folder view?"

There should be but the function that does that seems to have a bug. (sidelist_load)
Maybe one of the other guys knows a work around.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 11:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 12:47 pm
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
"The only drawback to your solution is that before click the button is necessary to select all the songs in the browser. It would be possible to select just the folder in the folder view?"

Try this:

sidelist_clear & sidelist_load & repeat_start 'randomadd' 150ms 1 & browser_window 'sidelist' & switch_sidelist_playlist & playlist_randomize_once & switch_sidelist_playlist & browser_scroll 'top' & automix_add_next & repeat_start 'randomadd' 50ms 4 & browser_window 'sidelist' & browser_scroll +1 & automix_add_next & playlist_remove_duplicates

Posted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 3:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
^actually a good method^, both nico & myself tried reinventing the wheel, Grok32's way uses the random engine already built in. A bit of a dance to get there, but a good solution.

@devs argument for action: get_random_(float|int) "MIN" "MAX" ?
weak argument for it with the current use frequency, but script goes lots of places [initial thought would be for video skins]

Posted Tue 03 Nov 20 @ 11:11 pm
@locodog @grok32 thank you all for your help.
Finally I have been able to manage it woth you help.
You're awesome, guys.

Posted Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 2:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)