Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: GPUs that support new math feature - Page: 2
I have 2 notebook computers. My older backup, works just fine with the new version of VDJ. It runs all the latest features. My main 'high tech' notebook won't. I get a message that says something like "your GPU doesn't support advanced mathematics". How do I fix this? I assume that I must be missing some files?

Posted Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:00 pm
in VirtualDJ settings, change mathEngine to CPU...
Looks like your GPU does not support stems (need a fairly modern Nvidia card for that)
But will work fine on the CPU though

Posted Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:31 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
This depends on GPU
however a so called "'high tech' notebook" with unsupported hardware may be powerfull enough to use CPU

Posted Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:32 pm
My "high tech" notebook is a Dell - Inspiron 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB Solid State Drive. Seems pretty up to date to me.

Posted Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:49 pm
Hey Rune! You're a Genius! It works!!

Posted Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:53 pm
as Rune said ... "need a fairly modern Nvidia card for that"
but CPU will do as well

Posted Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:53 pm
I have a Dell XPS 15
7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.8 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB DDR5 Graphics
Math not supported or do I need a Driver (or 2)

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 11:33 pm
No, i7- Gen7 can do everything in CPU mode with no problem, (even I5 Gen2 can do basic)
GTX 1050 is totally supporting GPU mode stems (GTX 750 can)

No other driver but correct nvidia one is needed, however VDJ needs to download some specific addon (very big dll)
When download fails (or times out) VDJ just disable the feature but can't detect it was not correctly downoaded (at least with previous builds, may have changed)
In this case, manually delete the partial (or 0 length) dlls in a way VDJ download them again at next run (took me some tries with slow networks)

Not related:
Better remove/disable DELL tools as they may interfere with live software (spurious sounds popups and notifications possibly interrupting audio or video)

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 1:47 am
I have a weird one going on with my Mac. When I load a song for the first time into either deck it takes around 8 seconds to generate the stems. But, if I load the same song at a later time it loads instantly. It doesn't bother me either way, I just think it seems a bit weird. Can anybody shed some light on it?

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017 (Touch Bar), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Big Sur 11.4, 500gb SSD Bootcamped with Windows 10 x64bit. External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music & Video databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2021 b6541 and Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 MkII.

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 8:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Maybe you have precomputedStems set to always create?

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 8:56 am
are you really sure they load instantly ?

with precomputedStems set to create manually, I thought the same
But in fact waveforms are created first time and then load instantly while the stems still create in background (status line saying "Computing stems deck..." but waveforms showing)

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 9:05 am
Nicotux wrote :
are you really sure they load instantly ?

with precomputedStems set to create manually, I thought the same
But in fact waveforms are created first time and then load instantly while the stems still create in background (status line saying "Computing stems deck..." but waveforms showing)

Yes, precomputeStems is set to create manually.

It does appear visually that it is instant loading of a previously loaded song. The additional stems waveform is already there, but, as you say the status line is reporting "Computing stems deck....." in the background. I hadn't noticed that before. It does not affect me in anyway shape or form, it was just something I noticed and was curious about.

Cheers
Les

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 9:32 am
I think I'm learning here...lol.

I was running an i5-7400 and GTX 1050 ti (before my motherboard crapped-out), in conjunction with my external (USB 3.0) Presonus Studio 192 audio interface, and had fantastic sound quality and no problems.

My replacement computer is an i5-10400. My Presonus interface is installed (driver) and hooked up, but I haven't installed the GTX 1050 ti graphic card yet, it has another video card in there. When I launched and used VDJ (setting it up), I noticed the sound quality is no where near as good as it was before.

It's the damn Math setting selection in the Virtual DJ. I had to change it to CPU (lol). That is actually nice to know. After I get my GTX 1050 card installed and set up properly, I'm going to experiment with the Math setting once again to see if I have better results with GPU or with CPU.

If there isn't any performance difference (and both are good), .....any advice on which way to set it? Would it be more advantageous to use the GPU over the CPU anyway in the math setting?

Posted Thu 09 Sep 21 @ 11:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If math engine is set to default (automatic) it will choose GPU when available, or CPU otherwise
Sound quality will be the same, but GPU will be much faster. (and frees up the cpu more to do other work)

Posted Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 4:21 am