Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Allen & Heath Xone:96
Yvan JPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi everybody. Is there anybody here using Allen & Heath Xone:96 or 92 ? Just curious to know how it works with Virtual DJ 2018, what’s your setup and how do you plug it to make it works ?
Thanks

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 1:45 pm
I have a Xone:92 which has no built in audio interface, so the only way to use it "with Virtual DJ" is as an external mixer.

On the other hand, the 96 could be used as an audio interface.

The MIDI side of both mixers is very simple/limited, so there's no point trying to use them to control VDJ. Why would you want to do that anyway? If you're spending that much on a premium mixer, it makes no sense to just use it as a controller.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 2:08 pm
I know the Xone:96 is an analog mixer so it can mix different audio sources like CDJ’s, drums machine and synths. Actually those CDJ’s, drums and synths can also be USB connected and controlled by Virtual DJ.
So I try to understand what you can do with the USB interface on the Xone ?

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 3:49 pm
Yvan J wrote :
what you can do with the USB interface on the Xone ?

Why don't you start by reading the manual? There are also videos from A&H themselves which go through the functionality.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 3:56 pm
The manual and videos I’ve seen, never mention Virtual DJ. That’s why I asked here, hoping someone could Yelp.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 5:57 pm
What's to mention? VDJ will use any audio interface that is compatible with your operating system.

As I said, the MIDI control side is really basic so there's no point using it as a controller.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 8:00 pm
Thanks a lot

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 10:08 pm
To answer your question I discovered the following with the 2020 version of the software. The problem is multiple outputs do not show up in the Virtual DJ software. For example, the master outputs and channel four outputs on the mixer do not show up in the software as a routing option. I could only get one channel to output sound. I tried both USB ports on the mixer and thoroughly examined the settings in the Xone 96 app and Virtual DJ2020. Not useful for DJing if you can only play tracks through one channel. Consequently, I contacted tech support, and they did confirm that the Xone 96 is not supported. Therefore, no the Xone 96 does not work with Virtual DJ because the software does not recognize the inputs and outputs on the mixer. I wanted to use it in DVS mode utilizing Phase and SL1200s, not as a controller. I do find it strange that this information is not readily available, so I did my good deed for the day for anyone else pondering this same thing.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 10:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user20859853 wrote :
The problem is multiple outputs do not show up in the Virtual DJ software..

Perhaps you need to install the drivers for that... https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xone96/ and use its ASIO driver instead of the Windows WASAPI

Posted Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 11:19 am
djdad wrote :
user20859853 wrote :
The problem is multiple outputs do not show up in the Virtual DJ software..

Perhaps you need to install the drivers for that... https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xone96/ and use its ASIO driver instead of the Windows WASAPI

I tried both drivers with no luck. Did you by any chance get it working?

Posted Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 12:49 pm
gkovacsControlleristMember since 2014
I'm also interested in this. A friend of mine just ordered a XONE:96, and we plan to play at several events together this summer, and I would be very interested in using it as an audio device and mixer.

He says that in Traktor Pro / Scratch both soundcards of the XONE show up, so there should be no problem in VirtualDJ supporting this, if there was a will ironing out the bugs.

We will check it when it arrives, and report back.

Posted Sat 08 Jan 22 @ 6:16 pm
gkovacs wrote :
We will check it when it arrives, and report back.

How did it go..?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 22 @ 4:25 pm
I use a 96 12 hours a week with VDJ and have done for 3 years.
It’s absolutely brilliant.
Both with Time Code or just as an interface. And for seamless changeovers between 2 DJs on laptops.
I absolutely love the mixer.
Wish the faders were a bit more stable, but it’s clocked up a lot of hours, so…

Posted Fri 04 Mar 22 @ 4:17 pm
DJ Ross M wrote :
I use a 96 12 hours a week with VDJ and have done for 3 years.
It’s absolutely brilliant.
Both with Time Code or just as an interface. And for seamless changeovers between 2 DJs on laptops.
I absolutely love the mixer.
Wish the faders were a bit more stable, but it’s clocked up a lot of hours, so…

So, you don’t experience the issues described below? Are you on Win or Mac?

user20859853 wrote :
To answer your question I discovered the following with the 2020 version of the software. The problem is multiple outputs do not show up in the Virtual DJ software. For example, the master outputs and channel four outputs on the mixer do not show up in the software as a routing option. I could only get one channel to output sound. I tried both USB ports on the mixer and thoroughly examined the settings in the Xone 96 app and Virtual DJ2020. Not useful for DJing if you can only play tracks through one channel. Consequently, I contacted tech support, and they did confirm that the Xone 96 is not supported. Therefore, no the Xone 96 does not work with Virtual DJ because the software does not recognize the inputs and outputs on the mixer. I wanted to use it in DVS mode utilizing Phase and SL1200s, not as a controller. I do find it strange that this information is not readily available, so I did my good deed for the day for anyone else pondering this same thing.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 7:24 am
Would like to know…

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 12:51 pm