Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Text Timing Automation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The Text Effect is Awesome...and I appreciate it's continued evolution. Now What we need is it automated(because It becomes a distraction to the viewer and the content after a few continuous runs.....especially if the dj is concentrating on selecting, mixing, balancing sound and reading the crowd)

Suggestion
1. Automation based on number of songs......ie "appear every after four or whatever songs mixed"
2. Automation Based on Time (as it is with the slideshow effect)......ie" show text every 30 minutes for 2 minutes....adjustable time for both values [when and for how long]"

This would be great If Implemented in next build! :-)

Posted Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 1:15 pm
Reading the crowd? Where's this crowd - in your lounge?

FYI you need a Pro license if you're a working DJ.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:24 pm
DJ Timo31 wrote :
The Text Effect is Awesome...and I appreciate it's continued evolution. Now What we need is it automated(because It becomes a distraction to the viewer and the content after a few continuous runs.....especially if the dj is concentrating on selecting, mixing, balancing sound and reading the crowd)

Suggestion
1. Automation based on number of songs......ie "appear every after four or whatever songs mixed"
2. Automation Based on Time (as it is with the slideshow effect)......ie" show text every 30 minutes for 2 minutes....adjustable time for both values [when and for how long]"

This would be great If Implemented in next build! :-)

But in the meantime make a 30 minute video and use the sampler.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
^That's^ the easy short term way [has it's merits], automation can be scripted too.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:53 pm
@Locodog I do have a A Pro infinity Licence(since 2017) not attached to this a/c. I play to a crowd of around 1000, 8 nights a month. Some times it's easier to just help than that, but what do I know! :) @SoundInsurgent Thanks alot, In the meantime........... but I hope It's considered by dev's in next build!

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 5:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That reply wasn't meant for me was it...

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 5:23 pm
If you've got an account with a Pro license, why are you not logging in with that account? Why do you not link the two, if you really do need both for some reason (allthough I can't think why)?

Logging in with another account (with no license attached) not only restricts your access on the forum, it affects the way other forum users respond to your posts.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 5:30 pm
@locodog..It's all good then :) . @groovindj....You have blessed me with a new perspective, I might take on. I do this with all apps I pay for, because of the new security breaches regarding personal info within the tech realm. Just my security measure that's all.

Back to the original intention of this post please look into this, text automation.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 5:37 pm
No - I don't see how that's a "security measure".

Assuming what you say is true, the other account still exists, and it's got your license details attached, so it can still be compromised. Presumably you're also still using it to log in to the VDJ software too, so it's still being sent back and forth online.

[shrug]

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 5:47 pm
Well That's your perspective! :)

Dev's kindly consider my request with no " Home User" contempt, Please. Thanks!

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 5:52 pm
I want to SAY THANK YOU! For finally delivering on my request! I am running 2020 and Thank God I can Automate Text based on Time in the Event Scheduler. And Also The fact that the Items are saved and appear on reopening considering weekly residences.Thank You for Listening!

Though something small that may need a little adjusting is the addition of text effects like scroll, colour, and font to in the event scheduler when "display text message is displayed". What I have figured is that it adopts the settings currently in the general text effect, which works perfectly. In case any other forum user was wondering about that part in the scheduler.

Again, Thanks Alot Dev Team! Also the PRO Skin kicks ass!

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 6:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)