Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Prevent 'browser_enter' from loading into "invisible" decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!

The title of this topic is kind of confusing, so let me explain it somehow better:

I'm using a skin that switches between deck 1 & 3 leftdeck and 2 & 4 rightdeck.
So that only either 1 or 3 is leftdeck and 2 or 4 is rightdeck at a given time.
This means that ONLY the deck that is marked as the leftdeck or rightdeck is visible. The other ones (including their buttons) are hidden, that's why a call them invisible.

The enter-button on my keyboard is mapped with 'browser_enter'.
I am working very fast, and sometimes it happens by accident that I press the enter-button 2 times... Then VDJ loads a song on deck 3 which is 'invisible" at this moment... It's annoying enough to interrupt the workflow to simply unload the deck again, but worse it also starts to play in full volume. (Deck 3 has to be unmuted because my sampler is on deck 3).

So my question:
Is there a way to prevent 'browser_enter' from loading into the invisible decks?
Or to ask the other way around:
How can I tell 'browser_enter' to ONLY load into the decks that are marked as leftdeck and rightdeck?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Posted Sun 05 May 19 @ 2:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why does the deck start playing after loading?

Posted Sun 05 May 19 @ 2:50 pm
Oh sorry, I should have provided more informations.

It happens when I use timecode...
The vinyl is always spinning...
And to make 'smart_play' work for me, I use to press the space bar after loading.

So the deck which got loaded starts to play because I press the space bar (play the active deck) (and the active deck got signed by 'browser_enter' because deck 3 was the next free deck which was not playing)

So basically I'm searching for a way to work only with leftdeck and rightdeck, without loading onto deck 3 or other decks which are not left- or rightdeck.
If I want to load and use deck 3 I should have to mark it as leftdeck (to make it visible) to load and play it.

I think this could be handled with a simple option:
browserEnterLoadingBehavior -> dropdown menu -> only use leftdeck & rightdeck or use all decks or everything else which is possible with browser_enter. Somehow like this would do the job, I think. :)

Posted Sun 05 May 19 @ 3:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could also replace browser_enter with your own loading script.
Something like

deck left pause ? deck left load : deck right pause ? deck right load

This would limit loading to either left or right deck.

Posted Sun 05 May 19 @ 3:12 pm
Adion wrote :
You could also replace browser_enter with your own loading script.
Something like

deck left pause ? deck left load : deck right pause ? deck right load

This would limit loading to either left or right deck.

I thought about this, too.
But what is with the rest of the browser_enter functions?
Like entering a folder?
This would be possible by:

browser_window 'folders' ? browser_window 'songs' : deck left pause ? deck left load : deck right pause ? deck right load

But I still can't tell what happens with other things like confirming dialogs or other functions of 'browser_enter' which I may have not registered yet. And I also would have to do this with the space bar and all keys that somehow could work with the 'invisible' decks (where I would have the same problem, that I dont know every single function - which I may use already, and miss it after that).

The way to ask the development-team seemed to be the easier one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Sun 05 May 19 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)