Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Version of default skin with alternative graphics - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
DJKichos wrote :

The truth is that there are no creators, good like you and DJ Fandos from Argentina.

That’s a lie......

There’s a lot of good skin builders here!!

Let’s see there’s Bob, Dan, Phantom (who has the best skins all around) and many more.

This skin looks just like the stock skin except he’s changed the graphics......

I am now coding the skin it’s not just a matter of producing graphics . Also adding functions to the JOG wheels . Hopefully be a beta available soon . Don’t get me wrong there are some amazing skinners on this site but I think some of these guys remember me from about 10 years ago. And graphics is something that gave me my reputation hear .

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:00 pm
Of course we remember you Matt. A true inspiration to me back in the day and it’s fantastic that you’re back.

As always your graphics are on point and look amazing.

That being said I do agree with what djdad said before. More often that not I see requests for simpler, plainer and darker skins rather than those with huge graphical content.

HOWEVER, skins are and always will be very personal. What 1 person loves another will hate, that’s life.

Personally I can’t wait to try your skin for real as I do think your graphics are second to none.

Great work Matt and it’s great to have you back.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:39 pm
Well said Dan! Some of the best VDJ skins ever were made by DJ Format. To this day, people post here saying that they're still using Format skins.

The best designers (not just of skins) set the trends rather than follow them.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 6:04 pm
That skin looks great, can’t wait to see a Beta version to try.

Most of all this is why VDJ is my choice of Dj software. So far advanced to anything that’s on the market and with the choice we have with skins / effects etc just prove this.

Keep up the great work guys! And a small hint... why not work together to come up with the mother of all skins and flip these differences of opinions into something positive for us all. I’m sure this way you’ll come up with something functional and great looking.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 9:44 pm

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 4:49 am
Thanks for this work. Looks fine
(and yes: you inspirited me to skin'. Mixlab is some kind of evergreen ;o))

Where to find? Or wait for approve?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 12:03 pm
Vmix 5.4 with the tabbed windows and large video displays is still my favoutite VDJ skin by miles.

Shame it's only 1280x800 and doesn't work with VDJ8

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 3:15 pm
You mean this one?

I call it VMix 8 :-)

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 5:41 pm
Yeah, that's the one!

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 7:59 pm
Dan and groovindj thank you for your kind words. I have taken on all of your advice . I am glad to be back to forgot how long it takes to create skins . Plus having to learn new skin engine I am getting their Makes it slightly harder being dyslexic but never let anything beat me . It is so easy to get lost in the world of skinning the last two weeks just disappeared overnight which was a bit scary lol. Shame it doesn’t pay the Bills I am self-employed now and work for myself and have done no work for two weeks . But skining is what makes me happy and that’s what I need right now Dan and groovindj If you both drop me a private message with your emails I will send you beta versions for you guys to give me some feedback . Again thanks to everyone for the kind words .

Posted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 11:03 am
groovindj wrote :
You mean this one?

I call it VMix 8 :-)

That was the skin I made back in 2007. That was my very first skin that got me noticed VMix some heavy coding and graphics going on in that skin I enjoy creating it . Mix lab was the other and still used heavily today thanks to another user updating the code . Coding on the Vmix was done by my friend and I focused on graphics . DMC 3 and Mix lap was my first skin I coded by myself .

Posted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 12:20 pm
djlu86PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Excelente skin... Talvez se podría incluir la opción que las ondas vayan en la parte de abajo. Gracias

Posted Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 4:23 am
DJ FORMAT wrote :
Dan and groovindj If you both drop me a private message with your emails I will send you beta versions

Waiting patiently for your reply.....

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 7:46 pm
I wouldn't mind being in on that

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 8:38 pm
same :)

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 9:20 pm

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 1:07 am
groovindj wrote :
DJ FORMAT wrote :
Dan and groovindj If you both drop me a private message with your emails I will send you beta versions

Waiting patiently for your reply.....

I haven’t forgotten buddy . I just have a few small things to finish first unfortunately I didn’t get things done on Saturday . As had to go out. But a promise is a promise I will be in touch soon .

Back in the day are used to be able to upload beaters but the rules and regulations on skins over the last 10 years have changed so unfortunately it’s going to be difficult for too many people to get involved with beta testing .

If you guys are familiar with the default skin it isn’t just one skin there is a drop down at the top which switches between different skins and there are four layouts 2 4 6 Deck and tablet mode . And I am working on all for at the same time . I promise you guys it will be worth the wait .

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 2:21 am
Sounds like there might be some competition for FRUiT's skin soon!

Have you taken a look at that one, Matt? Very popular because there are so many tweaks that can be made to it. Might give you some ideas too...

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 5:45 pm
groovindj wrote :
Sounds like there might be some competition for FRUiT's skin soon!

Have you taken a look at that one, Matt? Very popular because there are so many tweaks that can be made to it. Might give you some ideas too...

There might be some competition soon ? For me this is not about competing with other skinners. Fruit is an amazing Skinner . Always happy to look at this guys skins as his coding is 2nd to none .

I don’t want to copy his ideas but his ideas may inspire me to create my own. Which skin are you referencing can you link me to it.

Posted Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 3:18 am

Posted Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 3:29 am
87%