Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help With Drivers & Mapper For DDJ-SZ2 & SX2 Pioneer Controller VDJ &,4.7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Need Drivers & Mapper For Windows OS VDJ 7.4.7 for controller Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 & DDJ-SX2. Right now I'm using 7,4,7 and Not yet ready for 8 yet, Got 2 gigs next week & I need Your help to config software to work with these controllers, as per wiki, they do work with ver, 7 , but the proper driver seam not to be available anymore...Please Help..
Thank You,
Joey...

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 2:53 am
Why on earth are you still using VDJ 7?! It's been over four years since VDJ 8 came out.

The drivers for those controllers will be available from Pioneer.

Mapping (if they're supported in VDJ 7) will be built in.

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 7:22 am
Thanks for the reply, well I've been a long time user of the software and it has been reliable despite some bugs which I've learned how to overcome, It has features that are not available in Ver. 8.

I am currently learning on Ver. 8, but not ready to make that transition live yet.

I have two gigs coming up that have their own Dj controllers, one with DDJ-SZ2 and the other venue has a DDJ-SX2 and that's why I'm seeking help with this issue. I checked in wiki for version 7.4.7 and it does say these two controllers are supported, so I seen a link for drivers in the pioneer site for sound and mapper, but when I clicked it the drivers not found message came up..

Please Help...
Thanks

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 4:54 pm
help will not be coming i am afraid those controllers were locked and required special programming to make them work ... VDJ 7 is no longer being developed.

they will both work fine under VDJ 8 .....

just what do you find lacking in vdj 8

also this is teh page for hardware supported by 7 https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ7%20Controllers.html
the sx2 and sz2 are not listed there

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 5:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 5:05 pm
This is a partial list of pioneer controllers for 7.4.7,
Pioneer DDJ-SX
Pioneer DDJ-SB
Pioneer DDJ-SP1
Pioneer DDJ-SR
Pioneer DDJ-SZ
..Are they not the same?

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 5:38 pm
sx and sx 2 are not the same

sz and sz2 are not the same

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 6:00 pm
Okay, thanks

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 6:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)