Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: new version: VirtualDJ 2018, now available in Early Access - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just saw a recap of "VDJ 2018" on YouTube... DJNTV. I had to install v8.3 to see what it does! I can't wait to see the new features expanded. Any documentation coming out, or is that still in creation?

I would like to see some variations for the new graphics in the video skins:
- Colors firing into the center from the outsides
- An X/Y gain output to create spiral art, gain/freq/phase determines color. Mono could be circular/eliptic instead of a line.
- Maybe, cycling color pulses in some sort of flowing pattern to cycle with the beat.
… I know it takes time to develop these things, so thanks in advance to whomever achieves this for us!

Great ideas in this version. Kudos to the design crew!!!

Posted Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 10:37 pm
Also... I like the idea of the song title coming up. Any way to turn that on without the wave form and platters showing? Apologize in advance if someone already explained that and I missed it. Took me a second read thru to see where to turn it off.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 10:40 pm
TatedjsPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hello! Does it works with freestyler? thanks

Posted Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 10:46 pm
I am having a big problem with VirtualDJ 2018 and video / karaoke files. I am getting the old "decompressing this file in memory" error. My Nvidia card is 1050 Ti so should have plenty of it's own memory. But, that being said even if I do not use the NVidia and use the onboard card I get the same error this occurs after running anywhere between 3 and 8 cdg files.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 11:41 pm
Will this version work with our current license for virtualdj, or will we have to purchase a whole new license?

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 3:23 am
It works with your current License.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 6:34 am
AudioMaverick wrote :
Also... I like the idea of the song title coming up. Any way to turn that on without the wave form and platters showing? Apologize in advance if someone already explained that and I missed it. Took me a second read thru to see where to turn it off.

Just open the Interface page on the config dialog, click on the videoskin in the list at the bottom, then click on "edit this skin" at the top-right of the dialog.
It will open the browser with 3 files, the .png with the graphics, the preview image, and the .xml with the list of elements.
Open the .xml in a text editor, and you can remove any part you don't like (it looks complicated but it's really not).
Save the file, then in virtualdj select "for Live (edit)" in the videoskin list instead of "for Live", and it will be using your edited version.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 10:15 am
bremendoor wrote :
hello! Does it works with freestyler? thanks

I'll try it, this weekend... and get back to you.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 6:14 pm
Dev staff wrote :
AudioMaverick wrote :

Just open the Interface page on the config dialog, click on the videoskin in the list at the bottom, then click on "edit this skin" at the top-left of the dialog.
It will open the browser with 3 files, the .png with the graphics, the preview image, and the .xml with the list of elements.
Open the .xml in a text editor, and you can remove any part you don't like (it looks complicated but it's really not).
Save the file, then in virtualdj select "for Live (edit)" in the videoskin list instead of "for Live", and it will be using your edited version.

Excellent! I'll be messing around with it this weekend. I see it makes an edit version... Smart! Is there a list of what can be put in the XML file? I feel a customization itch coming on (:>)

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 6:19 pm
vdj 2018, just been testing it and i love it! however on mac it's crashed on me twice in 10 mins both times using audio with the shader effect and the video skin on. the waveforms seem very laggy and don't run smoothly luckilly this is just testing at home not live, my test mac is running high sierra, it's a 27" mac late 2012 with a 2.9 i5 processor,16gb ram and 512mb graphics.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 8:49 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Dev staff wrote :
AudioMaverick wrote :

Just open the Interface page on the config dialog, click on the videoskin in the list at the bottom, then click on "edit this skin" at the top-left of the dialog.

Hi, would you please help me?
I'm on the videoskin entry and I see "for Live:live" as default setting, but there's no way to click on any field, just delete, cut & copy there, no options to configure or edit.
Any other method to do this? I just want to remove the platter
Big thanks

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 4:11 pm
serieB wrote :
Hi, would you please help me?
I'm on the videoskin entry and I see "for Live:live" as default setting, but there's no way to click on any field, just delete, cut & copy there, no options to configure or edit.
Any other method to do this? I just want to remove the platter
Big thanks

Edit is on the top right
But it's a skin, so you need to edit the XML file (se example below)
You can also simply disable the whole thing by selecting "None" which is the top one

Editing (removing track info):

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 4:26 pm
This:
"click on "edit this skin" at the top-left of the dialog"
should say top right.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 4:27 pm
Thank you very much guys!
Got it! I'm already working on the xml file with wordpad. Not sure how to remove only the platter. :-(

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 4:32 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

Editing (removing track info):

Ouch, my ears! Two different vocals playing at once!

serieB wrote :
Not sure how to remove only the platter

The platters are in a group called jogwheel

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 4:42 pm
groovindj wrote :

serieB wrote :
Not sure how to remove only the platter

The platters are in a group called jogwheel

Thank you man! So I only have to remove just that word or the full line of code where it appears? Not a idea at all! :-)

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 5:28 pm
You have to remove (or comment out) that whole section - for each deck.

So where that part starts with <group> to where it ends with </group>

You can comment it out by using <!-- before <group> and --> after <group> which means it gets ignored by the skin engine, but you can put it back later by removing the comment tags.

I just made this one:

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 5:40 pm
Amazing! Big thanks for your help mate!

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 5:55 pm
will the option to remove platters, etc be in the settings with full release?

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 6:24 pm
burnyabad wrote :
will the option to remove platters, etc be in the settings with full release?

u can do it now on interface tab at bottom

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 6:44 pm
63%