Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 19.2
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
locodog wrote :
you're calling the sample with a script event, so just make that the moment when you call record too.

yes i have solved mapping button Record: sample_rec ? sampler_rec_stop : toggle ‘record’
and 8 sample pads: var ‘record’ 1 ? set ‘record’ 0 & sampler_rec_start & sample_pad 1-8 : sample_pad 1-8

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 10:52 am
…pushing button ‘RECORD’ can i mapping a countdown (4secons) and see in DDJ-RZX screens 4-3-2-1 start
?? thanks!!

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 10:54 am
is there a correct script for sampler_position ‘get_browsed_song’ ? because if i set generic script sampler_position i can’t see position about sample played in browser_window ‘songs’ :( i can see always 0

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 10:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Needs a number or will return for only the default/selected sample

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 10:45 am
locodog wrote :
Needs a number or will return for only the default/selected sample

yes infact if i have sample title ‘pippo’ and i have script: sampler_position ‘pippo’
it works…but when i scroll samples in browser_window ‘songs’ how can i put sample title inside ‘’?
sampler_position ‘’
i will have different title inside ‘’

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 11:18 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
this was get_browsed_song 'Pos' but look like it was removed

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 12:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
get_browsed_song 0 'columnname'
should still work. I don't think 'pos' was ever a thing.

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 12:43 pm
yes Pos was a thing in browser and sampler getting the position playing in track or sample
"Pos" b S - -
not to confound with position which is the index in the display list (sorted)
"Position" b _ K P
not to confound with order which is the index in the display list (as it should be played - but is currently not)

I have (was having) a grid with columns -(121 entries from album to Year including alias) and place they are (were) available - (most are unusable now) browser, sampler, karaoke, search, askthedj, automix&sidelist, history

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 1:29 pm
Ah sorry, you mean the sampler column. That one indeed still exists, but is indeed not available from script (and I don't think ever has)

But to see the position of the sample playing in the browser, the easiest would be to just use the Pos column?

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 1:42 pm
Adion wrote :
get_browsed_song 0 'columnname'
should still work. I don't think 'pos' was ever a thing.

complete script is: sampler_position “get_browsed_song 0 'columnname'”
right?

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 1:45 pm
Adion wrote :
Ah sorry, you mean the sampler column. That one indeed still exists, but is indeed not available from script (and I don't think ever has)

But to see the position of the sample playing in the browser, the easiest would be to just use the Pos column?

no i don’t wont sampler column…i would time elapsed/remain about sample played in browser_window ‘songs’ (example: time remain if i play a sample in Recording folder)….i can’t use song_pos ‘remain’ because isn’t a song in a deck, is a sample played in browser_window ‘songs’

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 1:50 pm
tested but sampler_position does not take name as implicit parameter and does not allow scripted name

as adion said it is not available from script

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 1:50 pm
how can i see a time elapsed or time remaining about sample pkayed in browser_window ‘songs’? is there a script?

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 2:05 pm
something a little strange with the sampler
with regard to the default sample, probably needs a video because it's ...off...

also sampler_ verbs don't seem to be able to cast to in any way, name or number, [didn't try path]

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 2:33 pm
sampler_pad changes the focussed sample (the one that sampler_position etc will use when no index specified.
Starting a sample from the browser doesn't change the focussed sample though. (although perhaps it should)

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 2:59 pm
but pad 1 wasn't in some cases, and from boot the browser does until some thing happens.
about a minute of button bashing and you'll see what I mean

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:18 pm
at now is theren’t a simple script that shiw time elapsed or remaining about a sample in play? is very strange :(

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:28 pm
no the script is dead currently (as many columns are not available anymore from script or to search)
and many virtual decks change behavior (deck 'sampler' is not a valid thing anymore) so using deck sampler get_loaded_song is not a workaround anymore

initially all columns were available for everything in every contexts, then progressively things were removed : columns, display, availability for some actions, in some context, selection only by script ... some were added too, but finally there still stay too few including many too incoherent ones under certain conditions, or just not reacheable

this are just limitations

i.e. order available in browsed songs as well as "will play at" and "message"
Pos available for samples but not readable, and not display in grid view
"will play at" available for history

and what is funny, everything still exist internally,
i.e. you can sort by bitrate but not select it in search but search by bitrate still possible via script
no "play time" in history which still display if it was selected before function was removed

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:32 pm
Quote :
initially all columns were available for everything in every contexts, then progressively things were removed

Let me know when you find the build in which this was possible, as I'm pretty sure it never was.

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:35 pm
locodog wrote :
something a little strange with the sampler
with regard to the default sample, probably needs a video because it's ...off...
also sampler_ verbs don't seem to be able to cast to in any way, name or number, [didn't try path]

yeah is correct!! but sampler_position why doesn’t work if a play a sample in browser_window ‘songs’ (samples are inside a Sampler bank that are in folder list)????

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:52 pm
42%