Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: A strange way but will it work?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So i have my controller & i have a mixing desk for the final stage, mixing desk has a unused stereo usb bus out of but no midi.

So I'm pondering this, if i get some sort of tone generator and send that signal on the usb bus to vdj to a unused deck maybe two monos to 2 decks, then kill the gate faders on vdj so there's no sound, then monitor the prefade signal with a rsi script to act on a sw slider depending on level, then raise or lower the tone from the desk. So a sound slider controlling a sw slider.
(As I said, strange)
(I should really just put my ardiuno back together)

I think it should work, only hiccup may be I like the Vu's to be post (for my normal decks) and for this to work i need to monitor pre. Can Vu for prefader be monitored if postfader is the visible one?

Posted Fri 18 May 18 @ 8:29 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
So, I've had a few Blue Moon's now....
Are you trying to control VDJ through an audio signal? Similar to what timecode does. But, based on volume level?

Posted Sat 19 May 18 @ 4:57 am
Yeah sort of ish
Imagine i have a line in device with it's own volume dial on the device, feeding a constant tone into vdj then monitoring the pfl signal level with vdj script to control a sw dial.

Turning the external volume up or down turns the sw dial up or down.
Just a thought experiment really.

Posted Sat 19 May 18 @ 5:11 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Nice, I like the hack.

Posted Sat 19 May 18 @ 5:48 am
Thanks, I'm never shy to experiment
I'll try bodge it with my timecodes, not very useful but proof of concept.

Posted Sat 19 May 18 @ 6:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)