Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 - Deezer Pro Account - Not Available for DJ Use In Your Country?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all,

VDJ8 Infinity license user here. I only recently found out that Spotify's functionality was ripped out of VDJ8 but I was excited to find Deezer as an alternative. I signed up for an account, and paid for a premium subscription. I have fully updated VDJ8 and have signed in/out of Deezer in both VDJ and on the Web. When I open the browser and go to Online Music > Deezer (personal use only) > and then expand my playlists, i can see them there. I can grab a track from the right hand side of the track list pane and drag it onto one of the track players but then the Info line in the deck player says: Deezer is not available for DJ Use In Your Country

Background info: I'm in the US. I have a premium account. I am online, I am signed in with my VDJ account within Virtual DJ 8 and my licenses are registered and active.

Is Deezer simply not available for use in VDJ in the US? That would SUCK! I just lost my beloved Spotify playlists, Pulselocker folded up (although I just heard that Beatport bought them up, so keep your eyes and ears peeled for updates there)....

Or am I doing something dumb and wrong?

Windows 7 Laptop, fully updated, very few apps installed, only VDJ and some audio drivers. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you or if you can provide me any insight. I have a gig Thursday and would be awfully pissed if I had to run a 3.5in jack adapter cable into another input on my mixer for Spotify requests. Oy!

Thanks so much!

-Sean "DjFREQ" Kethcart

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 2:19 am
Just checked and it's working fine in the UK (at the moment .....)

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 5:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you using a recent version of vdj 8?

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 5:58 am
Yes, fully legit, fully patched, fully updated version. Pics attached of version number as licenses purchased,

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 6:30 am

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 6:31 am
Mine is working. You say you want to use this at a gig on Thur., this service is for home use only.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 8:51 am
Ok so weird...I rebooted and did some Windows updates and now it's working.

What's the point of integrating a streaming service into a DJ software that's used by Pros for live performances and telling us we can't use it in that capacity? Seems a bit silly.

But of course, I definitely will not be streaming Deezer tracks to my patrons at my gig on Thursday. Wouldn't want to break the rules.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 2:41 am
Hey, you do as you please. Glad you got that sorted out.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 3:38 am
I got the same message yesterday. The day before I subscribe to Deezer. Who’s working great. This was with Butch Warren DJ 2020. Then today I up graded to virtual DJ 2021. That is when I got the message. Has anyone heard of downgrading back to 2020 as possible and get that fix my issue. OSX

Posted Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 5:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)