Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark NS6 II split cue not working?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm on early access build and used my new NS6 II on Sunday (& retested last night) and the split cue doesn't work. Thinking the unit is faulty is re-tested with external input & with serato...

The method is different to the Numark NV where, if I remember correctly, you enable split cue, then set the cue|master dial to "cue". On the NS6 II you enable split cue and centre the cue|master dial to hear the master in the right ear and the cue channel in the left ear.

In Serato DJ the split cue works perfectly.

With VDJ 8.2 split cue works when playing a software deck to master and cue an external input but fails when playing 2 software decks. The master output played in the right ear correctly but in the left ear where I should hear just the cue channel I can hear a mix of both channels playing at what seems like half volume. In a club environment I couldn't distinguish the left channel at all and had to disable split cue altogether.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 3:49 pm
VDJ8.2 b4064

There appears to be 2 issues regarding split cue on the NS6 II

1) Uneven volume Levels: If I start VDJ8 with the split cue on the split works but the master channel is always louder than the cue, even if I swap the master & cue channels.

2) if I then move the split cue selector to off then back on you instantly hear the master channel in the left ear (left ear= master+cue, right ear=master only). I then have to restart VDJ to get the correct left|right split albeit with wrong volume

Again, neither of these issues arise with serato DJ on the NS6 II or even with VDJ8 on my Numark NV.
Note: If it's relevant I have zeroDB set to -3dB on both the Numark NV and NS6 II

Posted Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 6:31 pm
did it ever occur to you that if the ns6 2 has a hardware split cue you may not need to use the software setting?

just a thought and something to try in the mean while.

maybe it works without the software setting :-)

Posted Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 6:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 12:13 pm
I never touch the software setting, I only use the switch on the front of the controller but I will check if manually changing the software setting affects the way the hardware switch functions. I have some suspicions so I'll try to setup and retest the combinations of Numark NV/ Numark NS6 II with VDJ8 and Serato to see how they compare.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 9:42 pm
Finally got around to upgrading the ns6 ii firmware and it actually seems to be working much more stable and now have platters that work as you expect them too. More stability testing to do before I'm convinced to gig with it...

BUT, still the problem with the split cueing. I move between split and normal cueing so I need the mapping to work correctly. The ns6 appears to hardware split cue all channels whether they are software or external inputs so all VDJ8 needs to do is output a normal cue channel and let the hardware do the rest. The problem is VDJ is generating a split cue in software too as it needs do for devices like the Numark NV that I also have and where the software split cue works perfectly.

To test this I
1) set the hardware split cue to off (correct sound)
2) moved the hardware split cue it to on (incorrect audio, master in right ear, master+cue mix in left)
3) Set the software setting splitHeadphones to "no" in vdj8 with the hardware split cue still set to "on" and the audio is correct (master in right, cue in left).

Can someone please update the NS6 II mapping to only output the "cued" decks audio to the cue audio channel or alternatively have the mapping ignore the "split cue" hardware switch then I can configure how I want and this problem will go away. A similar fix may also resolve the issue on the Denon controllers.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 10:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, if you remove the action from the SPLIT_CUE key in Mapping (and apparently having the setting to No) , does the Split works as expected ?

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 2:16 pm
Only just had chance to test this but yes if I remove the split cue action from the mapping and set the split cue option to no then the hardware's split cue switch works correctly, either giving a mix in both ears or the master in the right and the cue in the left.

For some reason the cue volume is much lower than the master volume so I had to adjust the headphone gain from 0.5 to around 0.7 to get roughly even volume (zeroDB set to -3db)

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 11:59 pm
i am so glad that djdad has got this sorted after creating a ticket for this all i got was a somewhat daft suggestion you are correct delete the split cue in virtual dj in the controllers section & diable the spliut headphone option in options which i have found interferes with all my controllers also you have to do this in all laptops that connect to it ie a second one

Posted Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 3:25 pm
just to add to my last i have also found that it will not load/work the asio drivers & reverts to wasapi if you try to load the asio ones it puts the output to the laptop sound card any thoughts on that i wonder?

Posted Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)