Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: A Couple NS7III Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi.

I recently switched from a mix track 3 running VDJ to an NS7III running Serato. It only took about an hour of serato to come back to VDJ. I have 2 questions. My first question is the slip function. I read somewhere that this feature wouldn't work because of the moving platters. However the controller clearly has a slip mode on/off button. Since this unit came with serato full edition, is this feature exclusive to serato in regards to this controller? And my second question is in regards to setting A cue scratch. https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/A.Cue%20Scratch.html
The above link I've referenced and tryed with no luck. Is this another feature not possible on this unit because of the moving platters? Any help would be appreciated, thank you! Happy new year!

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 11:33 am
Slip function. If you want to know whether it works, why not just try it?

As for the cue scratch, you must've missed this info on the page you linked:
"NOTE: This will only work on controllers that have touch-sensitive jogwheels"

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 12:02 pm
GroovinDJ "Slip function. If you want to know whether it works, why not just try it?

As for the cue scratch, you must've missed this info on the page you linked:
"NOTE: This will only work on controllers that have touch-sensitive jogwheels""

I guess your assuming I never bothered to press the button, or to remap using known options avaliable? It doesnt work bro. Im asking if there is a way to make it do so. And for the scratch cue question , I did see the line of text you pointed out, and once again , is there a way to make it do so? I would prefer this answer to come from someone who knows the ins and outs of the software in regards to this controller and possible work arounds , or a definite no , and heres why. If its the moving platters ok. But honeslty from looking through this forum and the high and mighty belittle tone it seems alot of people use is kinda ass backwards for a help section IMO. (If it helps my mixtrack is running off its Boxed LE license, and the NS7III has a monthly Pro Subscription.) Thanks. Happy Holidays and best to you and yours!

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 7:48 pm
TheIIIZim wrote :
I guess your assuming

Well I had to, because you never actually said that you tried it.

TheIIIZim wrote :
Im asking if there is a way to make it do so

No - what you asked was if it was exclusive to Serato.

TheIIIZim wrote :
once again , is there a way to make it do so?

Considering what it said, I would guess no. You don't have touch sensitive platters.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 8:30 pm
Thanks for your help. Will be contacting support directly with these questions and any possible work arounds. Thank you again, best to you and yours. Happy New Year.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)