Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The "MY LIBRARY" isn't correct. - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If you wanted to monitor for new files or changes etc. you would not scan the entire folder system. You would use change journals. Windows, maintains the info and you can then you can ask for it... program does not need to be running when changes are made. There are other ways too that would not scan entire volume or folder but not as efficient as journals. Like anything though there may be some things to watch for like permissions etc.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363798(v=vs.85).aspx

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 5:29 pm
Hmmm... I just checked and status seems to be the same as yesterday. I have 8 tracks in the "Added Today" that have a "First Seen" as 11/27, and 1 track with "First Seen" as 11/28... yet today is 11/29. And again nothing in the "Added Yesterday". There should be one song there. And none in "Added Today".

Maybe it's time for experimentation. Perhaps the "<=" isn't working right.

Tough one.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 7:05 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
THANK YOU! I was there and didn't see it. I have a bunch of folders in there.

Here is what my code looks like for "Added Today":

<FilterFolder filter="exists = 1 and days since first seen <= 1" scope="database" />

I've just noticed that your code for Added Today is different to mine. Have a look at mine and change yours to the same. i.e. remove the quotation marks the scope="database" and see if that makes a change. Or just copy and paste mine. This is mine;

exists = 1 and days since first seen <= 1

Oh, and right click and edit on the blue filter Added Today will get you directly to the filter details.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 8:25 am
Thanks Soulman. I made the change and it looks better. LIBRARY now has 1 file with a "First Seen" of 11/28. Still incorrect by a day.

What does your "Added Yesterday" filter look like please?

I found that LEFT column - right click EDIT. Much better than opening, editing, and closing the XML file.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 10:30 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :

What does your "Added Yesterday" filter look like please?

I posted it, along with some others, further up this thread. ;-)

Cheers
Les

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 11:31 am
Ahhh Yes... I see it. Thanks for documenting these. I'm gaga for forgetting they were there. Sorry.

Today 11/30 at 3:36 am. I have an empty "Added Today". One in "Added Yesterday". (which should be for 11/29), but the one in there was added on 11/27 (Two days ago).

So the malfunction continues. I'm going to add tonight's downloads and see what happens.

UPDATE:; I added 12 tracks and they DO appear in the "Added Today". "Added Yesterday" still has one track with the 11/27 "First Seen" Today is the 30th. I'll cross my fingers December 1st to see what happens.

Thank you for your help.

Jimmy

Posted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 8:38 am
This is driving me nuts. The "Added Today" 12/1 has tracks with a "First Seen" as 11/30. I swear they used to be "First Seen" of 11/17.

I've about had it. Is there a way I can change the script to use "File Date"?

something like.

Get today's date and put into a variable. Get_Date = @$FileDate

ADDED TODAY:

exists = 1 and FileDate = (today's date variable)

ADDED YESTERDAY:

exists = 1 and FileDate = (today's date variable) - 1

Well something like that. I scanned the verbs and haven't yet seen a "put today's date into a variable". I need some help with this one.

Thanks for the help. I love this tool and just want it working correctly.

Posted Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 4:10 pm
No. And using file date is not recommended anyway because the software has to purge the filesystem every time to get the file dates

Posted Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 4:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)