Forum: Video Discussion

Talk about video mixing and karaoke here.
Topic: when videos aren’t playing. Any cool effects?
PockajPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Hey everyone. I have finally been playing around with the video feature in VDJ8. I want to invest in the extra equipment and acquire a video collection, but I don’t want my screens to be blank 75% of the time while just playing music files.
Is it possible to have it default to play some cool effects while just playing music? I would also like to have VDJ play an animated monogram for the client when no videos are playing. Is this possible?

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 3:55 am
dj5826PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Milk drop

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 4:16 am
Yes, you can choose to have it automatically add visuals when only audio is playing, and you can choose which visuals

I made a video about it a while back:

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 8:02 am
Thanks for info Klaus! I did go looking for milkdrop but I couldn’t find it. I was searching it as two words.
I watched your video, now I know how to find it.
I’m hoping milkdrop will allow me to add in my own video clips as well.
Thanks!

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 9:04 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Telly Visuals and Telly Media
for all that extra sazzzzz

Posted Tue 14 Nov 17 @ 5:00 pm
TeleVisuals and TeleMedia come in two versions, stand alone, and inside the Visualization plugin. You can get the free versions in the addon section or give a donation and get all of the updates. This will allow for customer monograms, but they can also be put into a sample bank.

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 10:43 am
I appreciate the info. I will check those other ones out this weekend. Thanks!

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 9:28 pm
Thanks everyone and thank you “A Man and his Music”. Tellyvisuals is exactly what I wanted! I tested it out today and it works great for what I wanted it to do. I will be making a much deserved donation to the man that created it too.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 11:19 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
You're Welcome

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 11:23 am