Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: laptops?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi al brought a hp laptop has 2.4 ghz 4mb ram and a 1 tb hd yep meets specs upon go out at my fist gig using ddj what an arse kept droping out all over the place since then did party at friends same but he lot more teci than me and suggested that the use of my controller Numark platinum is of stretching the out put as laptop has no high speed ports, can anyone help I have a good name on cd right now going down pan frighten to use it is there a resonable priced laptop which will work or am I better building small tower to my spec thanks aparently it takes to much power to run numark , I do twidle a lot knobs lol
thank LG

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 1:14 am
I noticed 162 others looked at my post but no answers has any one else struggled when using a controler with vdj

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 10:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 10:17 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I don't think DJDads advise goes far enough, although it's in the right direction.

First sort your HDD out with a clean install of Windows from an image downloaded from Microsoft. Use just two partitions, one for Windows and the other for media data. Get any needed drivers from the manufacturer of your laptop.
Just use your laptop for DJ work.
For an online laptop rely solely on Microsoft to defend your system using their free antivirus and firewall software which are frugal with system resources. Keep well away from dodgy websites. Put your laptop in aeroplane mode if your not actively using the internet.
Do manual updates and disable the automatic update feature in the services. Turn it back on periodically to update your system. This controls Win10 which can be something of a loose cannon.

Anyway you get the idea..even a ten year old laptop can do video and karaoke if it is updated and configured well!

Note: Only twiddle knobs for a very good reason, be conservative with your system resources.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 11:24 am
Also don't use cracked software.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 11:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)