Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Blocks Skin - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If the window can be resized, it solves the problem (for me) of not being able to see the contents.

Posted Sat 08 Jun 19 @ 10:42 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I worked around this issue in my custom skin by making the floating window initially SMALLER to a minWidth with a taller resizezone
this way display is always visible (resized for big windows) and resizezone is always accessible even comming from other skin with other window set

Posted Sat 08 Jun 19 @ 12:35 pm
Would it be possible to put in an option to disable artist and title scrolling. I click to disable but it goes back to default each new session.

Posted Sat 08 Jun 19 @ 7:41 pm
They're all set to scroll="yes" click="scroll".

I'm not sure what the click part does if it's already set to scroll, but you could always do a search & replace with scroll="no".

Posted Sat 08 Jun 19 @ 7:54 pm
I did that but every time there's a skin update it needs to be changed

Posted Sat 08 Jun 19 @ 8:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Blocks is now updated to version 4.
Link : http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80677

Changelog
  • Added 2 Decks with Vertical Waveforms skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Added 4 Decks with Vertical Waveforms skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Added 2 Decks Video skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Added 4 Vertical Decks skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Small adjustments to top panel
  • Added battery indicator
  • Added Sandbox mode
  • Added split panel with Volume Groups in Sampler Block (for 2 Deck skin variations)
  • 4 Decks skin variations have now 3rd adjustable info line
  • Option to focus Left/Right decks.
  • Option to color (highlight) dropzones
  • Option to select between horizontal sliders and round knobs for FX parameters in the FX block.
  • Option to choose between Default and Custom Browser Icons
  • Option to show Track Color in loaded Deck.
  • Horizontal waveforms support the new WaveformCenter setting *
  • Clock supports the new clockDisplay setting *
  • Blinking Time on track end respects the new endOfSongWarning setting *
  • Minor code and graphics fixes

* Note: Some features require latest Early Access 5269

Some quick previews of the new skin variations

2 Decks Vertical Waves

2 Decks Video

4 Decks with Vertical Waves

4 Vertical Decks

Enjoy :)

Posted Fri 06 Sep 19 @ 9:32 pm
Great additions, but, I can't find the new battery indicator. I've looked at all the options/settings with no luck, anybody knows how to enable this?

Posted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 1:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Next to the VDJ logo on my pc

Posted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 1:49 pm
Yes, I just checked the XML for the location, and it should be to the right of the VDJ logo.

However, nothing shows on my desktop PC, so it possibly only appears when used on a laptop. The PNG has a battery symbol, charging bars and an 'AC cable' icon.

Posted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 1:58 pm
I'm on a Mac and there's nothing showing in that location.

Posted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 2:04 pm
I just installed and ran the skin on my laptop - and the battery symbol appears if I pull out the power cable, but there's nothing when the cable is in (it should show the cable symbol).

[later] Going through the XML there doesn't seem to be any code for the AC symbol to show. There's a graphic in the PNG but no code in the XML.

Posted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 2:17 pm
Yes, i thought that the AC icon was not necessary. What you want to know is if your laptop running on the battery, and how much left. So when there is no icon, it means that your laptop is plugged to AC.

Posted Sun 08 Sep 19 @ 6:13 pm
Love the new "video" layout. Top marks. Thanks Babis!

Posted Mon 09 Sep 19 @ 6:15 am
djdad wrote :
Yes, i thought that the AC icon was not necessary. What you want to know is if your laptop running on the battery, and how much left. So when there is no icon, it means that your laptop is plugged to AC.

Ah, that makes sense. Just checked on my Mac, with the AC cord disconnected and the battery symbol appears, brilliant!

I can now go fullscreen and know whether the AC cord is connected or not.

Cheers Babis.

Posted Mon 09 Sep 19 @ 9:24 am
Blocks updated to version 4.1

• Event Scheduler button
  • Dialogs colors follow skin color (dark/white) if dialogsColorstheme set to Automatic

Notes:
- Requires VDJ 2020

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 12:59 pm
That was a quick mod Babis :-)

Just updated and ran it for a quick look, the battery indicator lit up as I'd forgotten to plug the power in. Just what I needed that function for, thanks. :-)

Cheers
Les

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 1:05 pm
6 Decks variation is coming soon.

As you can see, there are 4 Mini Decks (not 6 as the old Default one) for those that are not Left/Right.
So the left Mini Decks could be 3&5 (when Deck 1 is Left Deck), 1&5 (when Deck 3 is Left deck) and 1&3 (when Deck 5 is Left deck)
Do you think that the different position of a Mini Deck will be confusing ? e.g. Mini Deck 3 may have different position depending if Deck 1 or Deck 5 is Left deck.

Posted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 7:16 pm
So the knob on each mini deck is a volume, and the signal goes straight to the master output?

Yes

Thanks Babis. I would say that (as the main decks are 1 & 2), the mini ones should be 3, 4, 5, 6 left to right.

Posted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 7:20 pm
@groovin, not much fan of this mini decks order. Need to keep the left/right logic, so i prefer to have all left decks on left side.

Another question for the 6 Decks variation...
The old default skin had most of the waveforms based on the Left/Right decks, so just 2 waves out of the 6 available, and only the Rhythm (default) wave showing all 6 decks as overlapped.
Any additional waveform layout you would wish to see ?
Keep in mind that displaying all 6 waveforms in stack mode (for scratchwaves) would squeeze browser too much.

Note: Never used a 6-decks skin - hardly use 4 decks sometimes lol - so clueless what is actually needed for waveforms.

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 2:28 am
Along with the 6 Decks, next version will also have a Single Deck variation.

In works ....

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 3:11 am
90%