Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Can someone PLEASE create a "Manual Beatmatch Skin " ???? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ Octacore wrote :
Hi Fruit,

I have double clicked the BPM, I did realise this actually but the reason why I still saw it as not being able to turn it off is because it still blatantly shows the pitch %, thus if you are mixing the same 2 tracks again you learn how to get them synced if you remember 2.4% and 2% for the tracks, the only way having the pitch % there and it not be cheating is to make sure the pitch is never zero'd on reload of track, this way it would remove the frame of reference, still debatable though if it's cheating, so would cover the pitch% up and can easily deal with this as the slider shows it no matter what anyway on almost every skin I think.

Really ?

I mean yes, every wish is treated with respect, but really ? Pitch% is a distraction for learning to beatmatch by ear ?
Don't get me wrong, but you know, just because a feature is there you are not forced to use it... Better yet:
Map a button on your controller as "minimize"
Then load the next track and hit the button. Nothing to see at all besides your desktop wallpaper!
Better yet, do NOT restore VirtualDj on screen in order to load the next track. Do it the old way by "scrolling" a list in a somehow blind way: load the next track, preview a few seconds, see if you recognize the track, determine if you like it, load next, repeat...
There's also an option native to VirtualDj to hide song info on the decks.
You may consider to use it as well. This way you won't be able to see which track set is loaded on the decks and you won't remember that this track mixes well with that track...

PS: Even die hard vinyl jockeys can see the pitch of two songs! Pitch slider on TT's has numbers printed on it! On controllers there are not printed numbers, but if you use a fixed tempo range the scale on the slider can guide you as well. So perhaps you want to erase/paint over the scal on your pitch slider as well!

PS2 / Disclaimer: My post is meant to be sarcastic, but not disrespectful. I understand what you want to do and I respect that. However I object on what you say may distract you. For instance having a "SYNC" button on screen doesn't force you to use it. Seeing BPM values on screen doesn't force you on using them for guidance, e.t.c. Thank you! :)

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:10 pm
LOL!

When I read his message, I was thinking the same thing, but I resisted the temptation to say anything :-)

These days, even the top flight decks (i.e. Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2) have sync buttons, BPM display, pitch readout, waveforms...

The decks are used every day by world famous superstar DJs on global tours. Do they complain about the buttons or what's on the display? No - they just get on with the job of entertaining the crowd, and ignore the knobs, buttons and displayed info they don't need/want.

Really, nobody else is going to care if your software or hardware has a BPM display, or a sync button (etc). You shouldn't be so concerned about it either!

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Actually I get it,

You put faith in the machine to get it right, and learning by ear is reputable,

I put much time in, back in the vinyl only days, to beat match really quick, my style it was worth the effort,

@OP I know it's not easy but ignore your eyes.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 7:30 pm
@PHANTOMEDEEJAY, I thought about it this afternoon and realised that knowing pitch percentage is no issue, seeing as each time I use a new track the pitch slider is never at zero in most cases.

I agree with some of your points totally but, really don't get what you mean by seeing the BPM value on the screen doesn't mean you have to use it as a guidance lol, are you suggesting I slowly etch the slider of one deck to the same BPM as the master deck and give myself a pat on the back for being exact and for my precision mixing lol

I am being sarcastic too and not disrespectful, all good in the hood bro :o) Peace

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 8:45 pm
@Fruit

I apologise for my wolly brained lack of playing around with the skin, I have to say that now I have changed the settings and saved them it is the best skin I have used so far on virtual dj, and it is irrelevant if I can see the pitch because the BPM'S I have turned off and the pitch sliders are usually in a different position to zero when I load new tracks anyway, the skin is superb, well done, especially the colour, is easy on the eyes and has great functionality and options, respect

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:03 pm
Removesync wrote :
especially the colour

You can even change that! V8 but by FRUiT has lots of built in colour choices, but can also be set to use your own choice of colour.

Without too much effort you could even use your favourite image as a background.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:23 pm
I saw the colours, will check the image out too, although the black looks great on my 50inch HD TV :o) thanks for the advice though, nice tip :o)

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 11:23 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thx for the review and for having tried again.

groovindj wrote :
...use your favourite image as a background

Yes ? Did you try that ? Any pic ?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 7:02 am
Hey fruit, I clicked custom to use my own pic but nothing happened other than it putting a tick beside it, it's a shame but no biggie though, the black looks awesome on my 50 inch HD tv :o)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 9:57 pm
"Custom" themes are only colors, chosen by you.

You need to quick-edit the xml file to add your own html colors. No wallpaper.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 7:14 am
It seems the wallpaper thing is not so easy now, FRUiT.

Your skin used to have a nice big empty space at the top (the 'background image' area) but now it has the icon grid and some other odds & ends.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 8:20 am
Yea that's what I was wondering about.

But... I believe I can nest a layer somewhere filled up by a new png's empty area...

Will think 'bout ^^

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 9:01 am
Do you really need the icons? Are they custom?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 9:06 am
OFC yes otherwise, would they be there ? xD

Space is not a pb.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:50 am
I thought the default icons were in the executable, and were only necessary in the skin PNG if you wanted to use different (custom) ones?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:55 am
Some are custom, yes.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)