Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The worst feeling ever - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Full disclosure, Rick is a friend of mine, and was a great help to me, when I first started to use Virtual DJ

As I stated in my first post, there was no need to continue with the spanking. Everyone is allowed to vent on this forum, and we are allowed to spank them. After cooler heads prevail, teaching and learning kick in. Your service to this forum, and to me personally has not been forgotten. However, you have decided to take a different path. That's fine, but with all of your knowledge, your help has not been here lately. You post a few times a year now, and do not show a positive light on this software. If you no longer like this software, that's OK. As long time users of this software, I am fully aware of the issues. However, to me this is the best software, that is why I use it. So I am here on a regular basis, trying to help, and be helped.

Posted Sun 02 Jul 17 @ 7:21 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Rick, there is no need for this.
You are assuming my preferences and are mistaken.
I wish to point out that as a user of many different softwares, its puts me into a different realm with respect to experience.

Truth be told, most fan boys are so stuck in their specific "softworlds" that they can't possibly offer an unbiased opinion.
I still use VDJ regularly and SSL/ME, but not SDJ for the reasons I illustrated.

Truth be told, as a video dj, MixEmergency is my software of choice and SSL is just the foundation.
Had Atomix been able to support that plug in, I'd still be using it for my video gigs.

When it comes to proms and dinner formals, VDJ is in play because the auto play can't be beat and my
gear interfaces both options flawlessly.

I see not one thing in any of my posts, no matter how often I post, that is one bit of a bias.
We have many users in here that use both and for each their own reason.

My secondary point was on stability that comes at a price to users who are forced to use certain gear.
But, that gear eliminates loads of issues as a result, and since has caused quite a bit of trouble for their users, again....environment.

I have no idea why you go on offense or take offense to what I wrote.

Its always been a problem on this forum with bashing NLU's and other questionable users of VDJ.
Its also always been a policy of this company to help them and get them to see the light of becoming legit, not piss them off.
The point I was making is the comments are not helpful, but engaging and aggressive and in this case of EULA not
being used in a commercial manner totally incorrect.

So that is my position when I say "peck his eyes out".
It just becomes the standard response instead of a helping blind hand to help first.

That is all my friend, hope all is well.
r

Posted Sun 02 Jul 17 @ 8:32 pm
mp3jrick wrote :

I didn't quote eula, or suggest he used a crack, or recommend he upgrade, or comment on his ego.
There is nothing wrong with venting, its about making people understand why things crash or freeze or drop out.
If people put as much effort into helping as they do kicking him in the balls, he might see the light of his errors.
You of all people Rick... remember... I used to answer 4-600 tickets a week dealing with this crap.

mp3jrick wrote :

Its pretty much about the "environment" no matter what caused it although probably not the software.
I didn't quote eula, or suggest he used a crack, or recommend he upgrade, or comment on his ego.

mp3jrick wrote :

Its always been a problem on this forum with bashing NLU's and other questionable users of VDJ.
Its also always been a policy of this company to help them and get them to see the light of becoming legit, not piss them off.
The point I was making is the comments are not helpful, but engaging and aggressive and in this case of EULA not
being used in a commercial manner totally incorrect.

So that is my position when I say "peck his eyes out".
It just becomes the standard response instead of a helping blind hand to help first.

With all the respect:
I read the first posts of this thread again, and guess what ?
1) You have to ask for help in order to get helped or in another words, you can't rescue someone that doesn't want to be rescued.
That was the case up to post nr 18 which was the OP's 2nd post.
2) Post nr2 (1st reply) despite mentioning EULA tried to contribute. We can't control the way the user tried to contribute since he's just a simple user expressing himself, but at least he made a valid point:
wildcountryclub wrote :

meanwhile no mention of what kind of computer he's using

3) Post nr5 (4th reply) was highlighting two facts: 1. That every piece of gear can fail and 2. You need to want to be helped in order to get help
4) After OP's 2nd, 3rd and 4th reply (posts nr18, nr19 and nr20) where OP basically signaled that he wants to get helped, all users tried to help and contribute.
5) Still after 3 pages, OP is unable to provide enough info about his disaster. Partially because the thread took another route.
6) What we know so far is that the software didn't crash, but his sound output stopped. OP tried to troubleshoot without success:
djeddie1216 wrote :

- Everything was plugged in

- Restarted it multiple times/checked audio outputs/plugged and unplugged

Which can only lead us to a bigger issue like a damaged controller or USB cable.

I fail to see how the user was knocked on his balls. He come here with nothing but ranting, and got plenty of answers that tried to help him.
Half answers were pointing out that he needs to calm and ask for help (which for me is also a help towards the OP), others were pointing to the fact that every environment can be a contributing factor and can fail, and the others were trying to deal with the situation itself.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 6:32 am
Warakurna wrote :
I hope it was not your Powerbook 160 you were using :)

I'm curious as to how you knew that I owned one of those LOL

Anyways, thank you all for the help and suggestions! I will further debug later (it could very well be a simple USB cable).

Once again, sorry about my initial attitude. I'm glad some people helped instead of completely ignoring me haha. Cya
ll later!

(Mod can lock this if you want)

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 4:01 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 7:52 am

Posted Sat 08 Jul 17 @ 12:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)