Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't figure out this script I'm trying to write.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

First I want to thank you all for helping me regarding the issues I have with VirtualDJ and my setup is starting to run smoothly.

On my Behringer CMD DC-1 I use a button press to change the rotary knobs with a set of samples to be able to adjust the volumes. When the toggle is off the knobs will be used to adjust sampler volumes 1-8 and when it's on it changes to sampler volumes 9-16. I'm having an issues with writing a script using "active_deck" and variables. I've included a screen shot so you can see the script. Maybe I'm writing it wrong? I don't know..

best free photo hosting

Also a picture of my DJ kit. I built the case myself and the mic/headphones are completely wireless :D

upload photo internet

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 5:25 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Change all instances of 'toggle' to 'var'
Perhaps make your var global by starting the name with $.

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 5:45 am
locodog wrote :
Change all instances of 'toggle' to 'var'
Perhaps make your var global by starting the name with $.

Thank you for your help, but I'm having no luck with this solution. I get the same results.. You got any other ideas? Thank you.

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 6:36 am
var_equal '$SamplerVolumeChange' 0 ? action_deck 1 ? sampler_volume 1 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_volume 2 : action_deck 3 ? sampler_volume 3 : sampler_volume 4 : action_deck 1 ? sampler_volume 5 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_volume 6 : action_deck 3 ? sampler_volume 7 : sampler_volume 8

For this script to work, your toggle button must use this script:

toggle '$SamplerVolumeChange'

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 7:20 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
var_equal '$SamplerVolumeChange' 0 ? action_deck 1 ? sampler_volume 1 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_volume 2 : action_deck 3 ? sampler_volume 3 : sampler_volume 4 : action_deck 1 ? sampler_volume 5 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_volume 6 : action_deck 3 ? sampler_volume 7 : sampler_volume 8

For this script to work, your toggle button must use this script:

toggle '$SamplerVolumeChange'

This worked perfectly. Thank you.

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 8:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)