Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto Crossfading VDJ 8 length issues of duration of crossfade

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not answered. I have looked all through the forum, If I missed it too bad, I have spent 3 hours already trying to get this to work properly and need help.

Mixnow
Automix setting Crossfader length is like Computing a lunar landing! Why is it so difficult to get my cross fader using Automix to take 5 seconds to achieve the crossfade??????????? Not talking about BPM just to time it take to complete the crossfade! Can anyone give me a reply without going into another area ie I am not talking about beatmatching because I do that manually. I just want the crossfader to take 5-6 seconds to complete a crossfade! PERIOD!
Fade length 9.00000
Autoskip length 3.00000 and completely ignores my cue points!

Each crossfade takes 2 seconds with this setting! WTF WHY? It also ignores my cue points, I have tried so many variables of these numbers. I just want to slow down the cross fader! Now I have repeated my question so many times I hope someone gets it! I would prefer Automix_dualdeck!
Now without telling me it's been addressed already, just get to where I can use VDJ8 like I do VDJ7 when it comes to Automix and the use of the crossfader.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 10:51 pm
have you tried adjusting these settings pictured here
specifically fadelength

Posted Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 1:12 am
YES. Probably the biggest issue I have is that i cannot smoothly crossfade from the middle of a song and have it start the next song from a cue point like in VDJ7. I used this last night for the first time at a gig and I have never been so embarrassed in my life!

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 10:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
1. You should've tested it before you use it at a gig.
2. Cue Points not equal Automix Points.

Maybe you should have a look at the manual.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 6:47 am
My guess is that it's because you use mix_now (or mix_now_no_sync) for mixing in automix mode

I think mix_now is it's own feature, which basically haven't got anything to do with automix mode, even though it will bypass automix mode and immediately do the mix even when you are in automix mode.

I think all the settings listed only changes the way VDJ mixes when it does it automatically in automix mode - meaning when you don't click anything and let it do it's own mixing - so they won't change the mix_now feature

Unfortunately I don't think mix_now has a length parameter in VDJ 8.2. It's always 2 sec
But I'll make a request for it in the wishlist forum

The way you handle automix specifically in VDJ 8 is by using the automix editor. Then you can do just about anything you want in a "timeline mixing" way as shown below. But it's not quick n' dirty like mix_now is in a pinch

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 7:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you skip to another track while automix is on (using mix_now or double-clicking a track), the duration of the mix is defined by config option automixSkipLength in number of beats. (So for around 120bpm you'd need to set it at 10 to get a 5 second mix)

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 9:05 am
Adion wrote :
If you skip to another track while automix is on (using mix_now or double-clicking a track), the duration of the mix is defined by config option automixSkipLength in number of beats. (So for around 120bpm you'd need to set it at 10 to get a 5 second mix)

I had no idea!
This works great :)
I tested with config option automixSkipLength=20, and both doubleclick, mix_now and mix_now_nosync works

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 10:35 am
Oh man something else I have to add to my memory... That gets half a woohoo since it's great to have that feature but it takes a little thought.. Need to screw in my light bulb when I need this...

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 4:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's not that hard to find though. It is listed together with the automix options, and the help text describes when and how to use it.

Still it seems a bit strange to need this regularly. Why turn on automix if you want to do all the mixes yourself?

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 4:49 pm
I have run across a few times during a party I need to force automix. One that always comes to mind is when I do communions for example, I might do a freeze dance with 10 songs and they're all setup in the automix playlist and I don't play the whole song. Not critical though since half the parties I stop the music between songs. Another example is block parties when you have many bosses whom ask for songs for their house or block ( by kids or an inebriated persons) only to turn out that you have no idea their was a back story or the song insults someone else and you are doing a few other things like setting up dances or events and have to mix fast. Musical chairs, I don't like to play whole songs either because each time a person goes out, it could get boring on a long line without mixing it up. etc etc.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)