Forum: Wishes and new features

Post here the features you would like to see developed in VirtualDJ in the future.
Topic: Playlist Order Number - Page: 2
DJ BillyT-2 wrote :
at the end of a gig I save the playlist as "Playlist-AS PLAYED"

I assume you're doing this in Mixvibes Cross DJ or Mixxx then?

Posted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:15 pm
I assume you're doing this in Mixvibes Cross DJ or Mixxx then?

Yes I am..

Posted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:20 pm
In VDJ, can you not make use of the User1 or User2 fields to display numbers?

I've just tried it and I can sort by other columns, then click User1 and they go straight back into numerical order.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:23 pm
I can use the User 1 and User 2 fields, but I have to edit each song to make it a unique number. Would be a lot better if that Field was changed to Track # and when you create a playlist that Track # is automatically created and unique to the Location of that song within that Playlist only, not to the song itself.

I don't want to create a unique number for the song itself. I want to automatically create a unique number for the song in it's current Playlist, otherwise I would just change the song titles starting with 001 Song Title, 002 Song Title, 003 Song Title, etc. That would be a lot of work and in the end not very efficient. That's what computers and programs do, IMO...

Posted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:59 pm
Understood.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 4:22 pm
So you manually order the playlist for the dinner hour how you want it and what plays after each song..... now you save that under the playlist file. now if you open up thast playlist is is all jumbled and not in order how the hell can i fix that.... its really driving me nuts... any suggestions.

Make a playlist in order save it, but when you re open playlist its in a random order every Dang Time...... Please help?

Posted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 11:12 pm
You can do this in iTunes and it will keep the order you want

Posted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 10:36 pm
Page : [<<] [<]