Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: can i mix and just use headphones (no sound) and the output file has sound?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
meaning i have housemate. who sometimes need to study, work, have dates, etc. and i fancy a mix. i always record my mixes. in case they are good. i soundcloud them. but can i just use my headphones to mix. but with the master volume turned down. so basically its silent in the house and people wont throw things at me lol.

2: when livefeedback used to suggest things. i was able to click on it. and dl or play that song. my bill is updated monthly. but now it seems to search my harddrive for the song. and not the net? i am connected 200mbs cable all the time. when i click on the livefeedback. it kinda goes nuts and just keeps suggesting songs i already have? before it was cool and i could actually play from i guess a cloud and include the music in my set. not sure if the file was downloaded. but i miss that feature.

3: genius dj. should there be a panel for this. i see a right click option. but it them garbles the screen

i am using a denon mcx8000, windows 10 latest build, msi z170 mobo, m2 c drive, and 7 tb of random ssd. my collection is on only 1 drive. i have 32gbs ra, and a amd rx800. now i have a 4k monitor which seems to work well. or is this resolution causing the problems. or is it bugs?

peace

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 9:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can try the option splitHeadphone which will send the master to your left and pfl to your right ear.
Not sure if the mcx8000 has any influence on this though.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 8:27 am
it worked before i think. i will just do a short 5 min recording and i should know right away.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 10:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also set the master output to a non-existing channel number in audio config. (So if master was 1/2 and headphones was 3/4, you could put master to 5/6)
Then you could use the master headphone mix to switch between listening to what you are recording and what you are previewing.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 10:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As shown here http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mcx8000/inputs.html the MCX8000 has a dedicated record input, which by default is used to record your mix, so your best option is not to connect any speakers to the Master Output of the unit (and use the Headphones Mix knob to listen to the Master Out) . If you change the Master Out channels in the Audio setup, you may end up with recording nothing.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 10:59 am
think djdad is right. still havent had time to try. im rebuilding my setup. i bought two reloop rmp4s. hope they are good. i had trouble in the past with a mixer of theirs. but have a 1 year warranty. but the database builder for adding a usb stick or hd to the usb port on the rmp4. does not give you a choice where to select you files. it just scans your entire pc. this cant be real. but was reading they make great vdj controllers. i already have the mcx8000. wanted something for "software" free mixing. just because i like to mix things up.

anyway new build is the first build of vdj that is kinda crashy. and some features arent working. but im sure you are already aware.

i will get back about the recording.

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 6:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)