Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Akai APC Mini - Colour LED's no longer working - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ah Ok, i see now.
Try
sampler_pad X ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color X : off : sampler_color X

The get_sample_color X is using a dimmed color for off state, and since the unit doesnt offer such, it uses the Off (Black).
But the above should work and any other combination using the sampler_color X or color 'colorname'

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 7:54 am
Why would the newest build affect the way the colour pads work on the APC Mini though? surely whatever change in the build that has done this could also change the way peoples pads work on their controllers.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 8:29 am
So, to summarize...
The default mapping is changed to show loaded samples with amber color, and green when playing.
The old default mapping was incorrectly using get_sample_color X, but it was "working" because the definition incorrectly had defined dimmed colors with the codes that make the LEDs blinking.
Since those codes were removed, the dimmed get_sample_color X will no longer works as expected.
If you have a custom mapping or you need to have the sample color solid and blink when playing, you will have to ..
Find all..
get_sample_color X
and replace with ..

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 8:32 am
Just to clarify. If I want my unit to continue to work as it does now, by changing the mapping myself as above......will the pads then be the colour i set them and be solid when loaded, and blink when playing. Or will they all be amber?

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 8:39 am
Yes to your question.

If you update to the newest Build which includes the new (correctly) defined colors, and need to get back the functionality you had, you will need to replace the actions of the LEDs as wrote above.

And i would suggest to update and modify your custom mapping, because you will be stuck in an old build later, if you want to get new features and fixes.

Again, send me your custom mapping and you will have it updated very soon.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 8:42 am
Thank you Babis. To be fair, the only custom mapping is 4 of the buttons which were not used I have put some script on, so its not that important. I have gone back to the last public build as I had a couple of other issues with the early access build. So once it becomes public I will try and update the mapping. Thank you.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 8:59 am
Thank you Babis for looking into this.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:13 am
djdad wrote :
So, to summarize...
The default mapping is changed to show loaded samples with amber color, and green when playing.
The old default mapping was incorrectly using get_sample_color X, but it was "working" because the definition incorrectly had defined dimmed colors with the codes that make the LEDs blinking.
Since those codes were removed, the dimmed get_sample_color X will no longer works as expected.
If you have a custom mapping or you need to have the sample color solid and blink when playing, you will have to ..
Find all..
get_sample_color X
and replace with ..

So please assist me in this.. I'm not sure what to plug into the X and such. Example Heres what I want PAD1 to do as it use to.. It will sit Yellow, when I launch that Sample.. it will Blink.. so.. how do I use that code you pasted to make this happen? What goes where?

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 12:24 am
I think this is true, but not tried yet.

sampler_pad X (pad number) ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color X (colour when blinking) : off : sampler_color X (colour when off)

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 7:39 am
@DJ Andrew Ryan

all the X in this line will match the number of each pad

so you must change each pad LED line.

example for pad 1

sampler_pad 1 ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color 1 : off : sampler_color 1

if viewed in in text editor will look this way

<map value="LED_ROW1_PAD1" action="sampler_pad 1 ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color 1 : off : sampler_color 1" />

only change the LED lines.

I decided to just use the default way for myself.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 8:49 am
Thanks for correcting me :) I still need to do this myself, so cheers.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 9:05 am
wickedmix wrote :
@DJ Andrew Ryan

all the X in this line will match the number of each pad

so you must change each pad LED line.

example for pad 1

sampler_pad 1 ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color 1 : off : sampler_color 1

if viewed in in text editor will look this way

<map value="LED_ROW1_PAD1" action="sampler_pad 1 ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color 1 : off : sampler_color 1" />

only change the LED lines.

I decided to just use the default way for myself.

Thanks man, I will try that out once I get back to my Rig.. I really appreciate the clarification

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 12:46 pm
Worked Like a charm!! Thanks so much!

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 12:17 pm
Thanks for letting us know it worked, might do mine this weekend.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)