Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 music problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have Virtual DJ 8 -
Most MP3 Mixed CD that I did cannot be played or downloaded on any Virtual DJ Software why is that?
ALSO WHY:
1) it does not automatically download all music that I have in my computer desktop or laptop?
UNLIKE other software it looks around your computer (including external) and SAVE THEM
2) it SAVES to folders BY MUSIC each GENRE LIKE - Disco - Techno - Electro - House - Deep - Pops and so on
with Virtual DJ it is time consuming to save music manually -
3) DELETE OPTIONS - of any DUPLICATE -
won't it be nice if Virtual DJ can do all these?

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 1:26 am
You need MediaMonkey for media management, Use virtual dj to dj...

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 2:27 am
Even Media Monkey does not do all I mentioned here - I am just pointing out why can't Virtual DJ cannot do these 3 options that will make it easier for everyone to DJ why do we have to buy another software when what I mention are related to DJing?

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 2:33 am
it does 1 2 and 3....scripts just like VDJ but MM calls them mask
I would be cool with sharing. And showing

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 2:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by downloading?

1. If you need them in the database, right-click the drive you want to search for music and select Add To Search DB.
2. Filter folders (check the manual)

For automatically finding duplicates there's indeed currently no easy way within vdj.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 3:43 am
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ISSUES WITH VIRTUAL DJ 8 AUDIO CUTTING OUT FOR NO REASON AND FIX FOR IT.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 2:54 am
No, I don't have a problem. Perhaps you would like to explain yours, and let us know what equipment you are using, OS, version of VDJ, and all other important information. While you're at it, please take off the caps lock, as it is not necessary. Thank you.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 3:01 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've used MediaMonkey and MusicBee to RIP CDs for VDJ. It's not that time consuming and it's free to use. Those free Apps can tag the songs for you and it only requires some typing and some effort. If the CDs weren't tagged properly it wouldn't be VDJ's fault. Most people don't use CDs in 2018 and I haven't found any problems with VDJ. You can read the manual or watch tutorials on how to add My Library and create Favorites to manage your music. I didn't expect VDJ to extract music off of physical disks.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 8:34 am
Vdj gives you the option to manage your music for search, sorting, playlist management etc

It does this within its own database , not by managing your physical files , (it does have some basic file management )

this makes it very versatile, you can have multiple views of the same files, without physically moving them .

I have two file structurs on my hard drive , one is artist a,z then there is one by album /collections

In reality the file structure is not that important as I build all my lists from within vdj

I would take a close look at virtual folders, filter folders and play lists

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 5:03 am
i'm trying to sort songs order in two way, before by harmonic and than by artist so i have all songs of one artist with same harmonic key near.

problem is that closing and opening vdj artists order is not sorted like before (and i can't figure out wich order is used in artists colums) harmoinic is ok. in option i can set only file=harmonic or file=artist. is ther a way to mantein the desired ordre? in windows files ers setted like generic file sorted by filename
thanks in advance.
Peppe

Posted Tue 16 Oct 18 @ 2:18 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
@djjunmeskie

I DO NOT WANT SOFTWARE LOOKING AROUND MY LAPTOP FOR FILES.
VDJ is respectful and just manages the files that I specify.
I do use the open source Kid3 to supplement VDJ functions.

Note: file / tag management is an essential part of a DJ's work

@peppe_sr76

With respect to key whilst it is desirable to mix harmonically it is not that important. Perhaps it is a little boring. So..suppose you reach a moment when everyone is in a party mood and you get a request for the Cha Cha Slide then what after that? I might play the Macarena but its not harmonically compatible. Both songs are party. So a party playlist or folder is important.

There are no rigid rules.. its about what works at that moment in time.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 12:20 am
Yes you are right, i know, and search is always there.
The point is if that kind of sort is available or not, and in if settings is possible to use more than one browsersort methods. I can't find documentation about.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 5:50 am
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FilterFolder filter="Bpm Difference <2 and Key Difference <1 and exists = 1" scope="database" />

This is an example of how a filter folder is written. You can see that two different or even more criterion can be linked. So..maybe you could write your own ?

Rune's excellent addon My Library provides lots of examples. Once installed it is located in ..My Documents / VirtualDJ/ Folders
What about using this addon to specify the key and then a browser search for the artist?

I don't really understand what you need. Just an artist browser search and then order by key seems OK ?

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 8:17 am
A_Artist 1A
A_Artist 1A
B_Artist 1A
C_Artist 1A
B_Artist 2A
C_Artist 2A
D_Artist 2A
A_Artist 2B
D_Artist 2B

and so on, to have this kind of sort each time a open vdj i have to sort again by Artist and than by harmonic, because on load vdj unsort, don't know with wich logig the artist column.
in settings i have this: http://puu.sh/BMrtm/4532d85ca2.png
have to try to write my own.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 9:56 am
have you tried to click the artist column and then the harmonic column in the browser.

VDJ allows to sort by last 2 columns clicked

that or create a filter folder

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 10:09 am
You can use oninit to load scripts which specify the starting configuration of VDJ however in this case it does not really seem to be worth the effort.

Hm..Are you sure??

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 10:09 am
@wickedmix it is what i do, now i tried also with ctrl but nothing to do.
it's strange but I can not reproduce my sorting behavior on another vdj installation with only 3 songs ... not a big problem i will find another solution.
thanks guys for your time
Peppe

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 10:15 am
VDJ Ron wrote :
You can use oninit to load scripts which specify the starting configuration of VDJ however in this case it does not really seem to be worth the effort.

Hm..Are you sure??

yes ron i am sure have you even tried it?

It will not be retained when the software is close but i would say clicking two headers again to get it back is simple.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 10:16 am

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 10:17 am
lol the arrows will not be on both but the sort will be did you look at the files?

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 10:17 am
80%