Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why wont you help me registering the program ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why did support close for helping registering virtuel dj 8 ?????

I DID install the driver for my controller FIRST, and then the software

HOW do i register virtuel DJ 8.2 ???????

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 9:37 pm
When you run VDJ, a box appears asking you to log in with your forum user name and password. That's how VDJ recognises your license.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 10:09 pm
When you go to my account/licenses, what does it say?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 10:11 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
When you go to my account/licenses, what does it say?

When i run VDJ, no box appears.

When i go to licenses in VDJ, there is nothing in the "Current Licenses"

When i "Log in" in VDJ, a welcome to VDJ 8 appears and a "Welcome" says reserve your unique DJ name"

Which i did everytime a couple of times it appeard, i got tired of it, so i uncheked the "Dont ask again" which didnt helpd...

But i did now again make a unique dj name, and it ask for a email, and password, then i used my email, and password i got from you

then it AGAIN...says "the email is already registred bla bla bla...

And then i get a new password from you again...

then i use the new password, and under "current Licenses" my controller shows

shall i enter a keycode??

then i disconect internet, and use VDJ, and after a while a popup says its not free and disables the controller.......

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 8:05 am

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 11:36 am
wickedmix wrote :
first of all the login you need is the one for this forum the user name -> user15016742 and what ever password u chose for it.

if that still doesn't work run the addon below and try again.

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80191

Aaah...from.....the Forum??????

"well why dont we make it more complicated for the user to use a completely other login from....a forum"...well well well...

"we couldnt dream of register the software with his email and the password...ooooh noo thats to easy for them"

From the socalled online chat support "you have to use MASTER+internal sound card

I then had to tell him that no such thing as "MASTER" is mentioned in my VDJ

about then he closed the chat........

I did that as you can see in my name, and when trying to log in:

"Unfortunately This name has already been reserved bla bla bla...

i will try the plugin

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 11:59 am
kschumacher wrote :
wickedmix wrote :
first of all the login you need is the one for this forum the user name -> user15016742 and what ever password u chose for it.

if that still doesn't work run the addon below and try again.

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80191

Aaah...from.....the Forum??????

"well why dont we make it more complicated for the user to use a completely other login from....a forum"...well well well...

"we couldnt dream of register the software with his email and the password...ooooh noo thats to easy for them"

From the socalled online chat support "you have to use MASTER+internal sound card

I then had to tell him that no such thing as "MASTER" is mentioned in my VDJ

about then he closed the chat........

I did that as you can see in my name, and when trying to log in:

"Unfortunately This name has already been reserved bla bla bla...

i will try the plugin

My antivirus tells me that the plugin is a virus ???

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 12:01 pm
No, the utility/tool is not a virus. It's only being flagged as one because it checks and modifies your computer's 'hosts' file (and some viruses or cracks do that too).

Of course VDJ requires your forum information - because this is where you bought the license and VDJ needs to verify your identity. Therefore any email address that you want to use for logging into VDJ has to also be registered to your account here - otherwise how do Atomix link your details to your license?

Also, there is a master output on all copies of VDJ. That's how you hear the music.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 12:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
No, the utility/tool is not a virus. It's only being flagged as one because it checks and modifies your computer's 'hosts' file (and some viruses or cracks do that too).

Of course VDJ requires your forum information - because this is where you bought the license and VDJ needs to verify your identity. Therefore any email address that you want to use for logging into VDJ has to also be registered to your account here - otherwise how do Atomix link your details to your license?

Also, there is a master output on all copies of VDJ. That's how you hear the music.

I have Avid Protools 12, and Uvi falcon, and Reaktor 6, and none of them do registering like that, but okay.... ;-)

Yes now i see the MASTER, its under the OUTPUT, CARD, INPUT

Outputs
master

the plugin wrote "Host file not changed!"

is that ok or ?

i tried again to log in with my kschumacher = "Unfortunately This name has already been reserved bla bla bla..."

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 12:40 pm
fyi don't create a new user just login :-)

it has already been created here

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 12:45 pm
....will someone help me registering the ....program FROM START

or shall i contact my bank and get my money back......

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 12:48 pm
It is already registered!

You are showing as a Controllerist with two stars. If it was not registered, you would be shown as a Home user.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 12:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
It is already registered!

You are showing as a Controllerist with two stars. If it was not registered, you would be shown as a Home user.

Ok? i try to use it for a while again and hoping that the popup ,free thing, wont show again

i will change the usb cable just to be sure

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 1:31 pm
Your VDJ is registered here, so now you should be able to log in to your VDJ software (with your forum name and password) and see your controller license showing in the config area for licenses.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 1:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Your VDJ is registered here, so now you should be able to log in to your VDJ software (with your forum name and password) and see your controller license showing in the config area for licenses.

I have that showing when im logged in, (controller) but that registration dispears when im offline
so that is normal?

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 4:18 pm
You don't need to log out of VDJ once you have logged in.

Your license information is stored in a file which is created once VDJ confirms that you have a license. If you log out, then that file is deleted.

You can be away from an internet connection and VDJ will still work with your controller because it will check for the file when it starts up.

So....log in, then (when you have finished DJing) close VDJ without logging out. When you start VDJ again, you will still be "logged in" because the license file is still there.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 4:36 pm
groovindj wrote :
You don't need to log out of VDJ once you have logged in.

Your license information is stored in a file which is created once VDJ confirms that you have a license. If you log out, then that file is deleted.

You can be away from an internet connection and VDJ will still work with your controller because it will check for the file when it starts up.

So....log in, then (when you have finished DJing) close VDJ without logging out. When you start VDJ again, you will still be "logged in" because the license file is still there.

hmmm...

i dont want to be online so i disable internet for a long time (other computer)

is the licens deleted on every restart/shutdown of windows then?

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 4:43 pm
kschumacher wrote :

is the licens deleted on every restart/shutdown of windows then?

No - as I said, the license gets removed if/when you log out of VDJ. You can close VDJ without logging out first.

Logging out removes the license from that computer (it's in case you need to use VDJ on a computer which is not yours). You can log in and use your license, then log out and your license on that computer will be gone.

So just do not log out. You can close VDJ. You can shut down your computer.

Log out = "delete license from this computer"

Read here http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Use%20VirtualDJ%208%20Offline.html

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 4:49 pm
it didnt work....until i noticed a thing in VDJ nobody has told me.....can the so called support guess what it is...?

Dont worry i wont buy a product from you again, worse support i have experinced yet !!:

i used allmost 3 days to get it to work!!! and being kickd via support-chat!!

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 5:18 pm
kschumacher wrote :
i noticed a thing in VDJ nobody has told me

Well to be honest, people shouldn't have to tell you. You have the program right there in front of you. You have the instruction manual.

We can't read your mind. We don't know what you have and haven't noticed in VDJ.

Anyway, problem solved I hope :-)

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 6:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)