Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: AKAI APC Mini - LED Problem (mapping button with effect and constant led color, without blinking) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
with limited colors i guess the best option is to change the action of a LED
from ..
sampler_color X
to ..
sampler_pad X ? blink ? sampler_color X : off : sampler_color X
this should blink color/off when playing and solid color when not.

Also with a very limited amount of available colors, it would make sense to have one color for all samples when playing, another if not and probably a third if not loaded.
So instead of using sampler_color X, you can have..
sampler_loaded X ? sampler_pad X ? color 'green' : color 'red' : color 'yellow' (green when playing, red when not, yellow if not loaded) ..just an example of course.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 7:07 pm
Phew Djdad, we`re not having much luck with this, sampler pad x ? blink ? sampler_color x : off : sampler_color x : just returns a solid color as before.
If I had any hair left Iwould pull it out lol

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 7:23 pm
the sampler_ loaded x ?sample_pad x ?color x :color x: color x: worked on the pads that have samples on them but not on pads that have video fx on them

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 7:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can u send me your custom mapping ? PM me with a link to download it

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 1:57 am
Hi djdad not sure how I would send it to you other than by e mail as I don`t have a dropbox account or anything similar. the custom mapping just consists of the default mapper plus the changes you suggested.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 5:01 pm
First of all thanks to you djdad i finally got the led`s working properly, first downloaded and installed file i got from djdad then mapped the led`s as follows:
For samples i mapped, sampler_pad x ?blink?: color x :color x : where x is obviously pad number or color
For audio effects : effect_active "effect name" ? blink ? :color x : color x : this works on led`s as long you specify an effect name.
For video effects : deck master effect "effect name" active ? blink ?:color x :color x : again you must specify an effect name.
I hope this is a help to any one struggling to get the led`s working on apc mini. Mapping probably gets a bit more complicated if you want them to work on a specific deck.
p.s map the buttons as normal

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 11:11 am
Hallo everybody. After the last update (current 8.2 b3663) something changed in the behavior of the leds :o -> everything was black but the custom mapping was running.
So i've changed my mapping with the samples of stalkker (last post) and *bam* ;) ...perfect
Thanks to everybody who was involved to solve that problem.

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 8:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)